Gordon's Harmony 12 String Guitar for sale

Here you can discuss details about instruments, equipment and all those other bits that non-musicians won't understand !

Moderator: GORDON

Sue
Site Admin

Gordon's Harmony 12 String Guitar for sale

Postby Sue » Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:54 pm

Gordon has decided to sell his 1966 Harmony 12 String on Ebay.

For more information visit:

http://www.giltrap.co.uk/index.php?page=news

Sue ( GG Admin )

Haircut101

Postby Haircut101 » Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:44 pm

Gordon, its Lewis (yes, been a while). Don't sell it !!!!!

I've sold a few guitars and musical gear in my time and sometimes regretted it. But no more so than this one. I sold my '69 Precision bass a few years ago on Yahoo auctions (now defunct) to a guy in Edinburgh so that I could buy a 16 track digital recorder and a cheap bass just to record with. I'd had this bass since I was 21 (am 53 now) and had to borrow the money to get it (also had an original Orange Graphic 120 to play it through - that got sold too). It has been through so much with me and I had sleepless nights about it.

To cut a long story short, I managed to locate the guy I sold it to in Edinburgh, been up to meet him and he said when he wants to sell it I will have first option. Obviously, I'll make sure there is no second option.

I expect you've been through a lot more guitars than I have but this 12 string seems a bit precious to me. If you have the space and don't need the money, keep the thing.

Hope to see you again sometime soon and congrats on the new website.

All the best, Lewis
I just don't know what to do with myself...

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:08 am

Hi Lewis.

Yep, you are SO right my friend, and in all honesty I wasn't sad to see it not sell. E-Bay is a strange place at times anyway. Thanks for your kind thoughts with regard to this.

Be Well.

Gordon.

RadioElectric

Postby RadioElectric » Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:16 pm

My grandparents bought my father a Harmony 12 string for his 18th birthday. Unfortunately, I put a huge crack in it about a decade later while I was a baby in one of those wheeled-chair things which children who aren't sensible enough to be walking can be put in to cause some serious damage around the house.

GORDON
Site Admin

Harmony 12 string

Postby GORDON » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:28 pm

Does your father still have that 12 string, I do hope so because they sounded great!

Best Regards.

Gordon.

RadioElectric

Postby RadioElectric » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:12 pm

I'm afraid it eventually perished from the damage, he's got a really nice Hagstrom now though, so he's not too sore about it.

Return to “Guitar Anoraks Forum”