Stanley Drew RIP

The social chat group. The place for the completely off-topic stuff - general chit-chat, things like that - No music here!

Moderator: GORDON

Roger

Stanley Drew RIP

Postby Roger » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:04 pm

It is with heavy hearts that we have to announce that my Dad aka Stan passed away in Warwick Hospital last month. What seemed like a straightforward problem quickly became more serious and there was little that could be done for him.

As my Uncle Ron said, "Stan was a man who rose above the hand he was dealt with as a child". Dad always faced what life threw at him with tenacity, courage and dignity, none more so when he suffered a stroke aged 84 and made a remarkable recovery.

His passing has left a large hole in our lives and we will miss him terribly.

Our thanks go to friends on this forum who have always taken an interest in Dad, and have been kind and supportive during difficult times.

Rest in peace Dad,

Roger & Em xxx

Sue
Site Admin

Re: Stanley Drew RIP

Postby Sue » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:51 am

Dear Roger and Em,

so sorry to hear about your Dad. I lost my Mum last year and still think "I'll phone Mum and tell her ...." it takes a long time to come to terms with them not being around.

For Gordon, the loss of his son Jamie must be almost unbearable. I haven't posted anything in that thread as I am in constant contact with him and Hil, but our condolences are sent to your family and all who have lost loved ones recently,

Sue and Mike
GG webmaster

Tom McCauley

Re: Stanley Drew RIP

Postby Tom McCauley » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:02 pm

Roger wrote:It is with heavy hearts that we have to announce that my Dad aka Stan passed away in Warwick Hospital last month. What seemed like a straightforward problem quickly became more serious and there was little that could be done for him.

As my Uncle Ron said, "Stan was a man who rose above the hand he was dealt with as a child". Dad always faced what life threw at him with tenacity, courage and dignity, none more so when he suffered a stroke aged 84 and made a remarkable recovery.

His passing has left a large hole in our lives and we will miss him terribly.

Our thanks go to friends on this forum who have always taken an interest in Dad, and have been kind and supportive during difficult times.

Rest in peace Dad,

Roger & Em xxx

Hi Roger,

Very sorry to hear about your Dad.

With my thoughts and condolences to you and Em,

Tom
Tom McCauley

Return to “General Chat”