Sharing Days

This is the place to post items relating to Gordon and his music in a general sense, such as his influences, how he composes, which pieces you enjoy most and why etc.

Moderator: GORDON

Sue
Site Admin

Sharing Days

Postby Sue » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:00 am

Gordon writes:
Sharing Days

In 2017 I'm also planning to hold what I call "sharing days" at a venue close to where I live in Sutton Coldfield. This will be separate from "The Gordon Giltrap Guitar Academy".

The plan is to accommodate between 10 and 12 players who want to spend the day sharing all aspects of my music, my technique, composition, my advice on guitars, open tunings, nail care (yes even nail care) equipment, in fact as much information as I'm able to impart on the day. This will be aimed at mainly acoustic players but all players, electric or acoustic are welcome.
At times there may be members of the Academy to assist in any way they can. I'm really looking forward to it as it should be a fun INFORMAL gathering of players who like me love this instrument of ours.

This is a completely separate gathering to my more formal weekend courses planned for early spring, and obviously a different price structure.

The first "SHARING DAY" date is now confirmed as Saturday 25th of February, from 10am onwards.
There are 2 places remaining.(as of 29/1)

E-mail Sue Holton for more information.
ggiltrap+sharingday@gmail.com

I look forward to hearing from you.

Keep picking and Happy New Year one and all.
G.
GG webmaster

Sue
Site Admin

Re: Sharing Days

Postby Sue » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:11 pm

Places are filling quickly - just 3 left, :shock: so if you are thinking about attending please get in touch with me as soon as possible,

thanks
Sue
GG webmaster

Sue
Site Admin

Postby Sue » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:55 pm

Only 2 spaces left now...... :D
GG webmaster

Sue
Site Admin

Postby Sue » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:34 pm

Gordon writes: We have a wonderful addition to my "sharing Day"on the 25th of next month. My good friend and sound engineer Mike Stranks will be giving his invaluable advice on recording acoustic instruments, his choice of microphones, the placement of them to get the best results, in fact all things relating to items of this nature - including amplifying acoustic guitar on stage.
Don't miss out on this.
GG webmaster

Tom McCauley

Postby Tom McCauley » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:44 pm

Hope it goes well and best of luck :D
Tom McCauley

Sue
Site Admin

Postby Sue » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:36 pm

All places for 25th Feb are now allocated but I will be running a "reserves" list so please get in touch if you would like to be notified in case of cancellations or have your details added to our mailing list for future Sharing Days.

E-mail me, Sue Holton for more information.
ggiltrap+sharingday@gmail.com

Sue
GG webmaster

Sue
Site Admin

Postby Sue » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:50 pm

Delighted to report that the Sharing Day was a great success.

You can see some pics and read about it here: http://giltrap.co.uk/?l=3sy

Gordon is planning to hold more in the future so if you would like to be kept up to date please email me at ggiltrap+sharingday@gmail.com for more information,

cheers
Sue
GG webmaster

Return to “Gordon's Music”