Solihull Library Theatre

Posts on this board should be directly about Gordon's concerts. Comments, reviews or questions relating to Gordon's concerts are welcome here.

Moderator: GORDON

John Adams

Solihull Library Theatre

Postby John Adams » Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:35 pm

Gordon played another great concert at the Solihull Library Theatre last night, playing all our favourites as well as some new material, once again Dodo’s Dream brought a tremendous response and was given a second hearing “by request” in the second half. As always we enjoyed a warm welcome and experienced a wonderful evening’s entertainment!

Hobo

Postby Hobo » Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:59 pm

Can you elaborate on the "new material" John?

John Adams

Solihull Library Theatre

Postby John Adams » Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:06 pm

Hi,
Usually this new material doesn’t have a title when we first hear it, it is often referred to as “library music” or just a snippet of something new – a teaser maybe? A development of something played years ago? We first heard Five Dollar Guitar at Kidderminster in its formative state! Dodo’s Dream at Bromsgrove, John’s Deckchair at Worcester, Simply Margaret in Lichfield and something referred to as library music played at PMT in Birmingham turned up on the River Sessions CD when I listened to it again! I know that Gordon has got two new CD’s coming out soon (Simply Valentine and As It Happens) perhaps we will get the titles to go with the music then?

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:03 pm

Hi John and Hobo.

The NEW piece was written last year for a library album, and is called Ring of Kerry. It has as the title suggests a celtic flavour to it! I'm still working on it, and hope to develop it further. The new album due out any time is called As it Happens, and my next album due out in November is called Secret Valentine (close John)!

Be Well chaps.

G.

Hobo

Postby Hobo » Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:53 pm

Thanks Gordon. It's always great to hear new pieces, as well as the established favourites. I look forward to hearing Ring of Kerry and the new albums.

Return to “Gordon's Concerts”