Pickup for acoustic

Here you can discuss details about instruments, equipment and all those other bits that non-musicians won't understand !

Moderator: GORDON

leesguitar

Pickup for acoustic

Postby leesguitar » Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:55 pm

Hi guys ive decided to fit a pickup to my K Yari guitar , ive fitted a few before , mostly undersaddle pickups , so the fitting isnt a problem , deciding which one is !!.Ive looked on various forums and in my price range up to £70 the K&K Westerner gets a thumbs up , and i could get one from the states for about £60. There is a undersaddle Fishman for about the same price , and Shadow do quite a few in the price range , its just for home use with a small amp and fx board , any suggestions will be most wellcome , soundhole or undersaddle , thanks Lee :D
K YARI G1F ACOUSTIC

Russ Gannicott

Postby Russ Gannicott » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:06 pm

Hi Lee,
If you are prepared to cut a hole (!) in the guitar, then I'd strongly recomend one of these - ebay No 320078927555. I've fitted loads of them and they work really well and sound like something three times the price!

If not, fit a cheap Piezo and save up a bit for an Award Session pre-amp. It will give a fantastic sound from the least expensive pick-ups and you can record straight from it as well.

Cheers,
Russ

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:01 pm

Thanks Russ.

G.

leesguitar

Postby leesguitar » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:55 pm

Come on you two , how long has mind reading been part of this forum , i wasnt prepared to cut a large hole out of my Yari BUT , i read up on the reviews on Harmony Central and purchased a Artec MSP 50 soundhole pickup , it looks almost identical to a fishman , took an hour to fit , and through a small amp and a bit of chorus is quite simply astonishing. £23 for something this good , i am only playing at bedroom levels , but the reviewers on H C say they use them at gigging levels and cannot believe the sounds they get from it. Ok Russ whats Saturdays lottery numbers !!! :lol:
K YARI G1F ACOUSTIC

Return to “Guitar Anoraks Forum”