Excellent guitarist on You Tube

Here you can discuss details about instruments, equipment and all those other bits that non-musicians won't understand !

Moderator: GORDON

leesguitar

Excellent guitarist on You Tube

Postby leesguitar » Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:59 am

Hi guys its my first post on the new site , and excellent it is too. About a year since i contacted Gordon about a guitarist i had seen called Justin King , i sent him a cd and he said he really enjoyed it . Yesterday whilst flicking through youtube i dropped on several videos by a guy called Andy McKee . Last year his mate stuck one of the videos hed done on youtube without him knowing and so far hes had over 84 000 hits . If you click in his name there are half a dozen videos of him playing at home . If you go to the one called Rylynn it is a stunning piece of guitar playing . He plays a Lowden and uses a shubb capo just on the bottom four strings , and plays in front and behind the capo as well as hammer ons , and percussive noises on the guitar body. Iwould be eager to hear the views of anyone else
regards Lee :o
K YARI G1F ACOUSTIC

GORDON
Site Admin

Andy McKee

Postby GORDON » Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:02 am

Ho Lee.

THANKYOU, for telling us about Mr McKee. I made a point of watching him, and I'm SO glad I did, this guy is wonderful, stunning technique, and more to the point beautiful tunes. As I have always said in the past, technique is all well and good but you have to create something that MEANS something with it, this man has done this in spadefulls!

I think you should all take the time out to try and find him on YOUTUBE, it's well worth the effort.This just proves the point that there is room for all of us guitar stylists out there to share our music.This man's music is VERY moving.

Be Well all.

Gordon.

P.S. Will check out Mr King next.... :)

peterl

Postby peterl » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:40 pm

I bookmarked him a while ago. Here it is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6osCM7nuVTc

Here's another great guitarist - Pierre Bensusan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEbeHavDDDc

Dobbin

Postby Dobbin » Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:28 pm

What a player. Thanks for the heads-up.

Have you checked out Tommy Emanuel as well? Another stunning player.
Knowledge speaks, wisdom listens - Hendrix

Return to “Guitar Anoraks Forum”