Bridgwater Arts Centre

Posts on this board should be directly about Gordon's concerts. Comments, reviews or questions relating to Gordon's concerts are welcome here.

Moderator: GORDON

Howlin Pete

Bridgwater Arts Centre

Postby Howlin Pete » Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:28 pm

Gordon, It was a thrill to see you perform in Bridgwater last night for the first time. Penny and I can't believe that we haven't seen your stunning performances before especially as we consider ourselves to be one of the hardest gigging couples in the South West.
Your intimate show, both the incredible playing and the very folksy chat was very welcome and we hope you had a good time also. We were the couple in the interval who bought Drifter and mentioned Albert Lee and his accident in Paris.
We hope to see you again, possibly in Cromer, and we'd like to say that we appreciate musicians who continue to travel up and down motorways and dodgy A roads, plying their trade and bringing live music to the people. It can't be easy.As you said, you turned pro so you could have lie ins.
Thanks again for a smashing evening and take care of yourselves.
Pete and Penny

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:51 pm

Hi Pete.

Thanks ever so for your very kind words my friend. For my part I loved every minute of Friday night, in fact I can't remember a time when I haven't enjoyed playing at the centre.

Do come and see me again and please do give our love to Albert when you see him next!

Warmest of Regards.

G.

Steve Smith

Postby Steve Smith » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:00 pm

Hi Gordon,

Thanks for the great show at Bridgwater. You were on your usual sparkling form, I though. and were so obviously enjoying yourself :)
The rendition of Dodo's Dream was particularly good too, possibly the best of the three I've witnessed so far. I'll have to ask you about that guitar you used on the anoraks' forum.

Good to see from Pete's post that started this thread that you are attracting new devotees to your loyal fanbase, even if some are a bit weird & ask you to autograph bits of their bodies :lol:

Thanks again for the enjoyable evening! Take care & I'll see you again soon.
Best wishes,
Steve

David Brown

Postby David Brown » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:57 pm

Hello Gordon
Just to add to the compliments that Steve and Howlin Pete have posted.
My family all enjoyed the relaxed and intimate atmosphere at Bridgwater and your anecdotes coupled with the music made the whole evening superb. I have seen many musicians and heard wonderful performances but you simply put your whole heart into your play. We could have listened to you all night! So I wanted to thank you for coming down this way and look forward to the next time. To anyone who is asked, "whatever happened to Gordon Giltrap?" say, "you are not listening - he is very much making it happen still".
Thanks again
Dave :D

Return to “Gordon's Concerts”