Have you seen January's 'Performing Musician'?

Here you can discuss details about instruments, equipment and all those other bits that non-musicians won't understand !

Moderator: GORDON

Mike Stranks

Have you seen January's 'Performing Musician'?

Postby Mike Stranks » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:27 pm

Hope this doesn't count as advertising, Sue, but there's quite a bit in January's 'Performing Musician + Live Sound World' that will interest acoustic guitarists.

First up is an informative and thought provoking piece about pickups in acoustic guitars and whether they can still legitimately be called 'acoustic'. The article's title: "Is the amplified acoustic a dead end?" Hmmm.

Then there's a review by Paul White of the SR Technology STL1000 speaker system - which the same Mr White used at the Oxford concert by Gordon and Ray - 'Double Vision'.

Finally, there's a fascinating review of the Fisman SoloAmp PA system for acoustic guitar and voice.

... plus all the other usual review and other goodies too, of course.

An excellent £3,50's worth!

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:52 pm

Sounds great Mike, thanks for heads up on that sir.

Happy Christmas.

G.

Sue
Site Admin

Postby Sue » Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:16 pm

Hi Mike,

don't worry - "advertising" of this kind is very welcome. Its always good to let the group know of this kind of thing.

By the way - did the mag use my photos of Gordon / Ray and speakers ? Just wondered as I was requested to take some shots that might be suitable, which I duly supplied... no doubt my fee :wink: has got lost in the post ( as usual :lol: )

Have a great Christmas,

Sue
GG webmaster

Mike Stranks

Postby Mike Stranks » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:28 pm

No photos Sue!

Just a fairly brief description of the venue and that it's acoustically very lively, but that the combination of the mics Paul was using plus the SR Technology system did an excellent job of bringing out the subtlities of Gordon's and Ray's playing and the tone of the various guitars.

... and a Happy Christmas to all 'anoraks' and others too!

Return to “Guitar Anoraks Forum”