Marillion

This is the place to discuss music-related topics by "other artists". No Gordon Giltrap connections needed. Who have you seen? Who do you like? Who should we know about?

Moderator: GORDON

piotrwargan

Marillion

Postby piotrwargan » Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:56 pm

Marillion have been to Poland many times, but whenever they were playing a concert, we had to be in some other town (oh yes: work, etc. ... ;-). This time we crossed the border river with Germany, as they were in Berlin (it’s only 3 hour drive by car from our hometown) on 22 November 2011.

I love this band and the music they created with Fish as the lead singer, but nowadays I listen more often to their albums with Hogarth. Anna prefers the “new Marillion” music and the voice of Steve Hogarth. On 22 November, Hogarth on stage was like an actor, and the concert was fantastic (among the songs there were some from our favourite album Marbles; but they played also two older hits from the times of Fish: Kayleigh and Sugar Mice − the crowd went crazy :-)

It was great to see Ian Mosley on the drums!

PS Marillion, Genesis, Pendragon - aren’t they all from Great Britain?! Anna says that it is certainly a land of great musical talents!

AndrewD

Re: Marillion

Postby AndrewD » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:34 pm

I have a soft spot for Marillion. I discovered them whilst at university and have enjoyed their music ever since. I have never seen them live but I have all the Fish-era albums. They were hard hitting, passionate and straight from the heart.
My musical taste has a strong root in prog, with my brother being 12 years older than me I had his musical influences. Genesis too, and a significant input from a certain Mr Robert Fripp. And Rick Wakeman. And Mike Oldfield. And lots of others. And, of course, GG. They have all influenced me and so many other never-to-be musicians as well as many wanna-be musicians, and of course those that actually made it. Thanks to them all for everything.

Return to “More Music”