Anderson / Wakeman

This is the place to discuss music-related topics by "other artists". No Gordon Giltrap connections needed. Who have you seen? Who do you like? Who should we know about?

Moderator: GORDON

relayer

Anderson / Wakeman

Postby relayer » Wed May 26, 2010 6:00 pm

Jon Anderson and Rick Wakeman have confirmed details of their Anderson-Wakeman 360 Project tour.

The former Yes bandmates will be out on the road for a bigger jaunt than expected, with shows throughout October and for half of November.

The shows will see the duo playing old Yes material and new songs and talking about their careers.

Here’s what Rick has to say about the tour:

"In 2006 Jon and I embarked on an acoustically driven two man tour around the UK. Not only was it thoroughly enjoyable, but it showed our music, both as soloists and as part of YES, in a completely new light and this was one of the most satisfying musical participations that I could have hoped to have been part of.

“Jon and I always said we would do it again and to that end, would continue to write new songs together, and this we have done.

"This October/November tour will be full of music both old and new and the friendship and camaraderie that we have, will undoubtedly shine through on stage as well as the shared humour of course.

“It is planned to both film and record the shows, but a prior filming and recording will take place live, shortly before the official tour starts for which tickets will go on sale around August once all the technicalities have been ironed out.

"Working with Jon is always special and these shows will undoubtedly reflect that. If I were a true YES fan, (which I am), I wouldn't miss these shows for the world. But as I'll be on stage, I'll have to buy the DVD to see what it looks like!"

Here’s the dates:

OCTOBER
Sat 9 • Cambridge Corn Exchange
Mon 11 • Crawley The Hawth
Tues 12 • Croydon Fairfield Halls
Thurs 14 • Ipswich Corn Exchange
Fri 15 • Stevenage Arts & Leisure Centre
Sat 16 • Tunbridge Wells Assembly Halls Theatre
Tues 19 • Liverpool Philharmonic
Thurs 21 • Wolverhampton Civic Hall
Fri 22 • Basingstoke The Anvil
Sun 24 • Leeds Grand Theatre
Mon 25 • Buxton Opera House
Fri 29 • Poole Lighthouse
Sat 30 • St Albans Arena

NOVEMBER
Mon 1 • Bristol Colston Hall
Tues 2 • Southend Cliffs Pavilion
Sat 6 • Edinburgh Playhouse
Sun 7 • Perth Concert Hall
Mon 8 • Gateshead The Sage
Thurs 11 • Manchester Palace Theatre
Mon 15 • London Indigo2

I can't wait, managed to get row B seats for Bristol

AndrewD

Postby AndrewD » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:40 pm

I'm a bit behind the times, not having logged in for ages due to various inexcusable reasons, mostly to do with redoing our bathroom at weekends when I'm home. So I've only just caught up with this posting.

I was lucky enough to see Jon Anderson and Rick Wakeman during their 1989 ABWH (Anderson Bruford Wakeman Howe) tour in Edinburgh and it was just a brilliant gig. Shortly afterwards Yes reformed and the result was the album called "Union". Rick still calls it "Onion" because every time he hears it, it makes him cry. I don't actually think it's that bad. Anyway I'm intending to see these two in Manchester in November (two days before my birthday - an excellent excuse for a birthday present in my book!)

Return to “More Music”