The Blues Machine

This is the place to discuss music-related topics by "other artists". No Gordon Giltrap connections needed. Who have you seen? Who do you like? Who should we know about?

Moderator: GORDON

Russ Gannicott

The Blues Machine

Postby Russ Gannicott » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:29 pm

A few of you wanted to know when young Ash's band uploaded some songs, so here you go! Three tracks from their 'forthcoming album' are now on myspace:
www.myspace.com/thebluesmachineuk
I think some of you will be amused by the way a thirteen year old fledgling guitarist has managed to mix both Peter Green and Carlos Santana influences on the first track!
Anyway, hope you enjoy and I know Ash would appreciate any comments you can leave him.
Thanks, Russ.

Roger

Postby Roger » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:08 am

Russ and Ash,

I can only apologise as I thought I had already replied to this posting - old age, alcohol, memory going etc etc ?!

Anyway, I really enjoyed what I've heard so far. It's great to hear such young guys playing this type of music and playing it so well.

Just wondering which guitar Ash is using on these recordings?

All the best,

Roger

PS Just come home from a blinding gig by Gordon (Farncombe Music Club).

Russ Gannicott

Postby Russ Gannicott » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:05 am

Hi Roger,
Good to hear from you, I know Ash will be delighted to hear your 'critique'! Two of the tracks were recorded using the 'Rory' replica Strat and the third - Black Magic Woman ( my favourite) using a 1970's Eros Les Paul copy with a Bigsby on it. Please leave a comment and it will probably end up on their forthcoming album.

Oh, BTW please mail me off line regarding my latest (Gibson) aquisition!!!

ps. I've just come back from one of the best festivals I have ever been to, and it was only about three miles North of me!.....next year it would be great if you two could make it. Check out 'Pointy Field Festival'.

Return to “More Music”