Rick Parfitt

This is the place to discuss music-related topics by "other artists". No Gordon Giltrap connections needed. Who have you seen? Who do you like? Who should we know about?

Moderator: GORDON

BRC

Rick Parfitt

Postby BRC » Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:03 pm

In the words of Queen 'another one bites the dust'. Lest anyone thinks that flippant or disrespectful, it is far from that and, probably in line with what Rick Parfitt would have said, and sad to hear the news of his death.

I am not a fan of Status Quo, though having seen them a few years ago, in concert at Rochester Castle, I was impressed with their performance and the effort they put in for the audience. I am sure they could be heard for several miles away so gathered a much bigger audience than those just in the castle grounds. Perhaps they are not eveyone's cup of tea, though you don't have to be a fan to appreciate quality of performance.

As this is the time of year for focusing on a birth it is also a good time to reflect on those who have entertained us but sadly lost to us this year - it does seem to have been a sad year in the music business for icons of our youth passing away.

Whatever taste in music may be your taste I will just add, simply, thank for the music, Rick.

Brad

Roger

Re: Rick Parfitt

Postby Roger » Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:24 pm

The year is ending as it started unfortunately. Well said Brad. RIP Rick Parfitt.

Tom McCauley

Re: Rick Parfitt

Postby Tom McCauley » Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:40 pm

Let's just hope 2017 is a better year.
Tom McCauley

Return to “More Music”