Paul Simon & Sting

This is the place to discuss music-related topics by "other artists". No Gordon Giltrap connections needed. Who have you seen? Who do you like? Who should we know about?

Moderator: GORDON

Colin Welfare

Paul Simon & Sting

Postby Colin Welfare » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:23 pm

Looking on this forum there are sadly too many RIP quotes, justly deserved maybe.

I would just like to say Jill & I went to the O2 on Wednesday night and saw this amazing performance of a great but unlikely pair.

A touching reminder to our finite time on this earth was when Paul, I think changed what he was going to do, said '"I'll do something for you now 'cause I don't know when we will see each other again". Considering the size of the audience this was oh so intimate and sobering. He then did, solo as in 1965, Sounds of Silence, just him and his guitar just like the last time I saw him in the flesh at the Railway Tavern, Catford in the said year.

I would urge anyone who can get to one of their performances to do so without hesitation.

Sting was amazing and the combination was a wonderful surprise. My respect for Sting as a performer has gone from ok to wow.

Colin & Jill
Colin & Jill

GORDON
Site Admin

Re: Paul Simon & Sting

Postby GORDON » Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:18 pm

Colin Welfare wrote:Looking on this forum there are sadly too many RIP quotes, justly deserved maybe.

I would just like to say Jill & I went to the O2 on Wednesday night and saw this amazing performance of a great but unlikely pair.

A touching reminder to our finite time on this earth was when Paul, I think changed what he was going to do, said '"I'll do something for you now 'cause I don't know when we will see each other again". Considering the size of the audience this was oh so intimate and sobering. He then did, solo as in 1965, Sounds of Silence, just him and his guitar just like the last time I saw him in the flesh at the Railway Tavern, Catford in the said year.

I would urge anyone who can get to one of their performances to do so without hesitation.

Sting was amazing and the combination was a wonderful surprise. My respect for Sting as a performer has gone from ok to wow.

Colin & Jill

Hi Col.

I heard about these concerts and how fantastic they are.

I have VERY much respect for Sting a huge talent.

Marrying the talents of Sting with the genius of Paul Simon is a truly heady cocktail!

Be well both.

G.

Colin Welfare

Re: Paul Simon & Sting

Postby Colin Welfare » Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:40 pm

They truly complimented each other, doing brilliant solo versions of each others songs, and showing a very sincere mutual respect.

Cannot praise this enough, and will repeat that the opportunity to see such a great double act is diminishing. Not to give too much away but they do a lot together.

I know to professional performers like yourself it can be a bit of a 'Bus Mans Holiday' to go to gigs but believe me it is worth the effort.

Be well.

Colin & Jill xx
Colin & Jill

Return to “More Music”