UK in Wroclaw

This is the place to discuss music-related topics by "other artists". No Gordon Giltrap connections needed. Who have you seen? Who do you like? Who should we know about?

Moderator: GORDON

piotrwargan

UK in Wroclaw

Postby piotrwargan » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:10 pm

I thought that the band called UK must be better known in the UK, than here, but... when yesterday - in front the venue - I saw people holding A4 size pieces of paper with an inscription whose English meaning was "I will buy a ticket", I was not so sure any more :-)

What to say: a fantastic gig at the packed Polish Radio and Television concert hall in Wroclaw (my guess is that it has room for about 600 people).

Long live the progressive rock! :-)

Roger

Re: UK in Wroclaw

Postby Roger » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:15 am

Hi Piotr,

I think originally UK consisted of John Wetton, Eddie Jobson, Allan Holdsworth and Bill Bruford, an interesting mixture if ever there was one! Now I think only Wetton and Jobson remain. Both have a history with Roxy Music/Bryan Ferry (Jobson "replaced" Brian Eno) and Jobson also had an interesting time with the mighty Yes. Some of their stuff I love, some I don't. Great that the likes of Wetton and Jobson are gigging though!

Best to you and Mrs Piotr,

Roger
If you ever find yourself in the wrong story, leave.

Return to “More Music”