Carrie Martin

This is the place to discuss music-related topics by "other artists". No Gordon Giltrap connections needed. Who have you seen? Who do you like? Who should we know about?

Moderator: GORDON

Roger USA

Carrie Martin

Postby Roger USA » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:36 pm

After reading about Carrie Martin in Gordon's December Newsletter I thought I would follow the link, listen to some of her music and then check out her website. I am glad I did! I have downloaded her new album and on the first few plays there are several stand out tracks: What If, Your Eyes, Matter of Time, My Love and a great version of Gordon's The Passing of a Queen. There are other songs that I am still discovering.

Carrie has a wonderful, distinctive, voice and I really enjoy her guitar playing. She has obviously been able to call upon some very capable support, in the shape of Gordon and Hilary, Oliver Wakeman, Ric Sanders and others, and has made good use of them across the album.

I even like the album artwork which brings back fond memories of a chilly east Yorkshire coast (now I've said that it's probably somewhere completely different....)

I haven't found many examples of Carrie performances on You Tube, but I did find a video of her performing "The Passing of a Queen" accompanied by Garry Burnett. I also found a video of Garry performing Heartsong at the same venue - it must have been a GG recital :)

She should be very proud of this album, which deserves success.

I love finding new artists and new music - Thanks Gordon.

All the Best,

Roger

GORDON
Site Admin

Re: Carrie Martin

Postby GORDON » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:16 am

Hi Roger.

I have to tell you that Carrie is over the moon with the news that someone in the States has downloaded her album.I shall now tell her of your posting.So glad you like the album.My favourite is the title and opening track...beautiful song and Oliver's work on it is sublime.

We look forward to seeing you and Ethan over on these shores again.

Be well.

G.

Return to “More Music”