Travis and Fripp

This is the place to discuss music-related topics by "other artists". No Gordon Giltrap connections needed. Who have you seen? Who do you like? Who should we know about?

Moderator: GORDON

Roger

Travis and Fripp

Postby Roger » Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:48 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4up1yGdWKY

Superb work from Theo Travis and the OTHER great guitar player who sits down to play, Robert Fripp!

Enjoy!

PS Saw something on Vintage TV a few weeks ago with Robert Fripp and Toyah - seems like a really down to earth bloke!

AndrewD

Re: Travis and Fripp

Postby AndrewD » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:56 pm

Great post, Rog! This showed some Frippertronics the like of which I've not heard for quite some time...I have a long listening association with Fripp from his King Crimson days, Projekts and a few solo albums and he just takes me to another place entirely. I tried learning Moto Perpetuo from Fracture on the album Starless and Bible Black once :| . (Enough said).

How is the shoulder coming along?

Roger

Re: Travis and Fripp

Postby Roger » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:38 pm

Andrew,

Yes great stuff from Mr Fripp :D I think he calls his newer work using digital technology "Soundscapes", but certainly his "Frippertronics" work was groundbreaking and perhaps not as appreciated as much as it should have been :(

Thanks for asking about my shoulder. It's almost 2 years since I had the first symptoms and progress has been slow, but the movement is now pretty good although I have the odd setback now and again. Shouldn't complain though - there are a lot of people suffering from far worse! The Vintage travel guitar has been a great help too - very comfortable to play and nice bright sound from such an inexpensive guitar :D

Good news from our end is that Em was promoted at the beginning of the year (she still works for the organisation that you do).

Hope things are OK at your end. Are you still planning to move to the windy, wet South? :)

Roger

Return to “More Music”