Acoustic Routes. DVD

This is the place to discuss music-related topics by "other artists". No Gordon Giltrap connections needed. Who have you seen? Who do you like? Who should we know about?

Moderator: GORDON

kevin

Acoustic Routes. DVD

Postby kevin » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:06 pm

Hi Gordon
You might be aware of this but its a docu/film from 1993 about Bert Jansch. Its been remastered and rereleased.
It features Bert and loads of his and your contemparies such as Wizz Jones'John Renbourn,Davy Graham and many others.
As a historical record it is superb but also a great tribute to Bert.
I got it off Amazon for twelve pounds and its well worth it
Just didnt want you to miss it.
All the best
Kevin
Ps the first song has Bert accompanied by Peter Kirtley on a TELECASTER

GORDON
Site Admin

Re: Acoustic Routes. DVD

Postby GORDON » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:43 pm

Thanks Kev.

Yes, I remember it well.

I was in the second one they did on Bert called Dazzling Stranger.

I continue to do my best to keep the memory of Bert and Loren alive but need a tad more support!

Best.

G.

kevin

Postby kevin » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:28 pm

Hi Gordon
I have a book called Dazzling Stranger but was not aware of a DVD of that name.
I was curious about your comment about needing 'a tad more support' in trying to keep the memory of Loren and Bert alive.
Would you be prepared to elaborate on that or is it a personal thing as so many people seem to speak highly of them.
Hope the Channel Island trip goes well
Best wishes
Kevin

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:31 pm

kevin wrote:Hi Gordon
I have a book called Dazzling Stranger but was not aware of a DVD of that name.
I was curious about your comment about needing 'a tad more support' in trying to keep the memory of Loren and Bert alive.
Would you be prepared to elaborate on that or is it a personal thing as so many people seem to speak highly of them.
Hope the Channel Island trip goes well
Best wishes
Kevin

Hi Kev.
I have a major recording project In mind as a tribute to both Bert and his dear late wife Loren,but in order to make it extra special I require a little outside help so to speak.More than that I can't say really,except that I miss them both more than I can say, and even with the passage of time,the tragedy of their passing is still a tad upsetting.

THANKYOU for your deep interest my friend.

Be well.

G.

kevin

Postby kevin » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:07 pm

Hi Gordon
Thank you for being so open it makes following and supporting an artist so much more worthwhile.
I hope your idea comes to fruition and is something I woukd certainly support by purchasing the resulting tribute.
I know little about the inner workings of the music world so am unable to be of any use there..
The fact that you have the desire to do something is a credit to you.
While I am here I would just like to give my view on Ravens and lullabies but its all been said already. suffice to say I found it quite sumptuous.
Best wishes
Kevin

Return to “More Music”