Sociology teacher from Norwich City College (early nineties)

This is the place to discuss music-related topics by "other artists". No Gordon Giltrap connections needed. Who have you seen? Who do you like? Who should we know about?

Moderator: GORDON

Seagull27

Sociology teacher from Norwich City College (early nineties)

Postby Seagull27 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:20 am

Hi all

A strange post this! And apologies in advance if it is not appropriate for the forum....

When I was doing A-Levels at Norwich City College between 1993 and 1995, there was a sociology teacher there who from memory owned a Rob Armstrong acoustic (I'm not certain about that bit) and knew how to use it (that I can remember!).

He did me a tape entitled "Ageing Guitarists" and which had on it - amongst others - Black Waterside, John Martyn's Seven Black Roses, and a Michael Chapman song.

I would love to get back in touch but cannot even remember his name. I thought I would post on here on the extreme off chance that he (you) are here on this forum, or if anyone knows someone fitting that bill.

Cheers

Max

GORDON
Site Admin

Re: Sociology teacher from Norwich City College (early ninet

Postby GORDON » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:14 am

Always worth a try sir.We can start a thread here called GUITARISTS REUNITED!

G.

Jon G

Re: Sociology teacher from Norwich City College (early ninet

Postby Jon G » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:39 pm

Ah well, if we're hunting guitarists, I'd love to find out what happened to Mike Robertson, who played mean ragtime and piedmont on a clapped out sunburst Eko. He left Cambridge to play professionally in Holland or somewhere around 1972 and the last I heard was one postcard from there.
Nothing can possibly go wrong...

Return to “More Music”