Shady Tales played by Polish guitarist Witold Żuromski

This is the place to post items relating to Gordon and his music in a general sense, such as his influences, how he composes, which pieces you enjoy most and why etc.

Moderator: GORDON

piotrwargan

Shady Tales played by Polish guitarist Witold Żuromski

Postby piotrwargan » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:40 pm

Witold Żuromski - a talented Polish guitarist (born in 1977) who has collaborated with many of our best musicians recorded his rendition of Gordon's "Shady Tales" back in 1998/1999 (on his CD "Witek Żuromski - Akustycznie"). One of the tracks on the CD is Django Reinhard's Nuages.

The link to Witek Żuromski playing "Shady Tales" is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQtaamH64vo

GORDON
Site Admin

Re: Shady Tales played by Polish guitarist Witold Żuromski

Postby GORDON » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:28 pm

Piotr THANKYOU so much for posting this.

Wow what a fantastic version of that old tune of mine.I haven't played it in years and it is indeed good to hear it again.

I am ALWAYS deeply touched and flattered whenever anyone likes a piece of mine enough to want to learn it and perform it.As a composer it really doesn't get any better than that!

Has made my day...THANKYOU.

Love you you both.

G.

AndrewD

Re: Shady Tales played by Polish guitarist Witold Żuromski

Postby AndrewD » Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:36 am

Really good and nice to hear a classical instrument rendition. The "colours" of the music change with nylon strings and it provides a different slant on a piece.

Return to “Gordon's Music”