Written anything for the Variax yet ?

This is the place to post items relating to Gordon and his music in a general sense, such as his influences, how he composes, which pieces you enjoy most and why etc.

Moderator: GORDON

Colin F

Written anything for the Variax yet ?

Postby Colin F » Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:30 pm

Hi Gordon
I was just wondering if you had written anything new on/for the Variax yet ?
Regards
Colin
PS. What ever happend to 'Lazy Sunday'?

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:19 pm

Hi C.

Nope ...still perfecting the Dodo! Lazy Sunday will hopefully appear on album next year.

Best.

G.

fingerlock

Postby fingerlock » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:03 pm

Hi Im Eddie, been a friend of Gordon and Hilarys for a while now but I have only just joined the website

Im sure that Im not the only one thinking that Gordon should write some more music in the style of Dodos dream, that piece of music blows me away!!
There must be a lot of younger Gordon fans out there like myself who would love to hear more.

What do you think????

Hobo

Postby Hobo » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:20 pm

fingerlock wrote:Hi Im Eddie, been a friend of Gordon and Hilarys for a while now but I have only just joined the website

Im sure that Im not the only one thinking that Gordon should write some more music in the style of Dodos dream, that piece of music blows me away!!
There must be a lot of younger Gordon fans out there like myself who would love to hear more.

What do you think????

Hello Eddie and welcome to the forum. Dodo's Dream is a cracking piece and any further tracks of this nature would be most welcome. However, DD appears to be an ever evolving project and maybe this is preventing Gordon from writing additional pieces of this ilk. I could of course be wrong and it may be a direction that Gordon doesn't want to take, at this juncture. Only Gordon will be able to answer that.

Bob Wilson

Postby Bob Wilson » Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:39 pm

Hi All
If you get a chance try listening to 'A Hint of Blue' on the Drifter album. It has the same feel as 'Dodo' with some similar licks and could possibly be amended for use with the loop station and Variax. Every time I hear 'Dodo' it has evolved into something new and the Commonweal School gig was no exception. It seems the Dodo is not as extinct as first thought. A very enjoyable gig Gordon.
Best wishes
Bob

fingerlock

Postby fingerlock » Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:20 pm

Thanks Bob
Ill be listening to that tomorrow

fingerlock

Postby fingerlock » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:44 pm

Yes you are right that is a great piece of music and I am now going to listen to the whole album with my feet up!!

Bob Wilson

Postby Bob Wilson » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:21 pm

I can see the sale of Boss Loop Stations and ME-50s going up as we speak :lol:
Bob

Return to “Gordon's Music”