Fear of the Dark

This is the place to post items relating to Gordon and his music in a general sense, such as his influences, how he composes, which pieces you enjoy most and why etc.

Moderator: GORDON

stevehall

Fear of the Dark

Postby stevehall » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:40 pm

Hi not sure if this is the right forum for this question but here goes.
Since around 1978 I have owned (and still have) a vinyl copy of "Fear of the Dark" and while record players were still around it was well played , to me this was Gordon's masterpiece. (this unfortunately is not the picture disc copy).
The question is: apart from buying a vinyl playing device for just one record is there any other recording of this track via CD or the WEB i can hear this track again? I think it must be over 20yrs since i last heard it but i can still hear some of the tune in my head.
Is is possible Gordon could re-release this track re-mastered perhaps on cd or any other way?, I would so love to hear this again.
Many Thanks.

piotrwargan

Re: Fear of the Dark

Postby piotrwargan » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:19 am

Hello Steve and welcome to the forum :-)

Fear of the Dark on a CD is available (and the price looks like a bargain) on a Polish site (like ebay):
http://allegro.pl/gordon-giltrap-fear-o ... 35492.html

Good luck in your quest,

All the best,

Piotr

PS I have asked the seller by e-mail if he sends goods abroad and how much it costs.

stevehall

Postby stevehall » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:46 pm

Hi Piotrwargan many thanks for the welcome and thanks for the information.
If you do hear from the seller I would be very grateful for ANY information given to get a copy of this CD.

Steve. :D

piotrwargan

Postby piotrwargan » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:27 am

Hi Steve,

The seller replied and provided the price for sending the CD by registered letter to the UK: 15 zlotys (or 18 if a "priority" letter is used - a faster one). I am not sure if the contents of the website is provided in English, so my sugestion is like this: I will send you a message with the seller's e-mail and if you refer to the correspondence between him and me (about Fear of the Dark being sent to the UK), he will (hopefully) provide you with all the details to finish the transaction (I bought several GG albums from this webshop myself :-) ).

Bye,

Piotr

Return to “Gordon's Music”