broken strings

This is the place to post items relating to Gordon and his music in a general sense, such as his influences, how he composes, which pieces you enjoy most and why etc.

Moderator: GORDON

Richard

broken strings

Postby Richard » Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:28 am

Hi Gordon and the world,
just broke a string. shopping tomorrow.
just been picking out Appalachian dreaming, thought i'd have a go, trying different tunings etc, Pats favourite piece at the moment. looping away with a bit of reverb and delay. no where near the sound, 1st string to much tension. Dare not stick a nail in the fret board, martin 000 series. Have to buy a cheapy.
just ordered sound and tech dvd. hope that will give me an insight. just love the sound,
anyway thats all for now as its 4.30am. got a little carried away,
see you soon,
Richard and Pat .

ps the plasters off.
let the music lift to new heights always

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:57 pm

Hi Richard.

Yep, best get a cheap classical if possible and string thus....

9/14/8/12/wound 18/22 OR 24.

Tuning(and this works quite well for standard guitars for the piece) DADGAB.

On the Hi brid guitar..DADGAF sharp.When capo is at 5th fret and screw at 10th it is thus...GDGCDE.

Enjoy and,.DON'T BREAK TOO MANY STRINGS.

Warm Regards.

Gordon.

Richard

Cheers

Postby Richard » Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:46 pm

Thankyou very much,

Just enjoying open d tuning, always played standard t. New world open to me. Playing around this morning, with the new gadgets etc, Pat walked through to where i was and said that was brill. felt like a million dollars, and i mean priceless. a moment to cherish and now more practice. we only met for a moment but you sent me back to the days of when i first started out with my first acoustic, my god im loving it. and i'm lucky to have a wonderful lady who loves to listen and who is critical in the right way, so i try harder and achieve new spirit of life.

thats enough, have a break maybe a beer or two, a glass of good red. now the fun begins again. i am the cheshire cheese cat.

thank you Gordon and the warmest regards to Hilary,

Richard
let the music lift to new heights always

Return to “Gordon's Music”