catwalk Blues ep on CD yet

This is the place to post items relating to Gordon and his music in a general sense, such as his influences, how he composes, which pieces you enjoy most and why etc.

Moderator: GORDON

Richard

catwalk Blues ep on CD yet

Postby Richard » Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:14 pm

Can anyone tell me where i can find catwalk blues. i have it on the picture disc from fear of the dark ep. is it available on cd, and live of course
Richard
let the music lift to new heights always

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:49 pm

Hi Richard.

Good news about the plaster coming off!

There is a version of Catwalk Blues which I think you will like on my River Sessions album, details of where to get it on the site of course!

I used the Sally Hanson stuff yonks ago, not the hardener but the gell kit, bloomin good it was too.

My very best to you Both and GOOD LUCK with your looping, it's great fun isn't it... :D

Warm Regards.

G

Trevor Raggatt

Postby Trevor Raggatt » Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:33 pm

The version from your 12" is also available on the Voiceprint reissue of the Fear of the Dark album. I know that I'm practically an evangelist for that album but it IS an amazing disk and a must for any Giltrapophile's collection. You also get Gordon's version of Fleetwood Mac's Oh Well and the "disco" version of the FotD single on that disk. Talk about good value!

GORDON
Site Admin

Fear of the Dark.

Postby GORDON » Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:36 pm

Hi Trev.

I trust that Thea and yourself are in good form. I'm SO touched that you still consider that old GG album so highly. It would certainly be fun to try and reproduce it live one day BUT no promises.... :lol:

Be Well old buddy...What do you think to my new 12 string, a CRACKER eh!

My best to you both.

G.

Hobo

Postby Hobo » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:14 pm

Did I hear FOTD and live, mentioned together? This would be a must see event Gordon. Please do your best to appease this drooling fan.

Roger

Postby Roger » Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:35 pm

Hi Folks!

Did I hear FOTD and "reproduce it live" mentioned together? (I didn't hear the "no promises" bit...must be old age or selective deafness!).

Trevor and Hobo, I'm with you both on this one. I also think the changes made for the CD enhance the original vinyl (very difficult to do I know, but listen to both versions of "Visitation" for instance).

My late Mother-in-Law bought the FOTD CD for my Birthday a few years ago, shortly after I had rediscovered GG's music. So it's a treasured possession in every respect.

Best to all,

Roger

Trevor Raggatt

Re: Fear of the Dark.

Postby Trevor Raggatt » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:18 pm

GORDON wrote:Hi Trev.

I trust that Thea and yourself are in good form. I'm SO touched that you still consider that old GG album so highly. It would certainly be fun to try and reproduce it live one day BUT no promises.... :lol:

Be Well old buddy...What do you think to my new 12 string, a CRACKER eh!

My best to you both.

G.

Tee hee! Gordon, you've gotta remember that (watching the Hols prog on TV) FoTD was the disc (my brother's vinyl copy) that first captivated me with your music. That 70s stuff will ALWAYS have a big place in my heart. Besides as a bona fide Wal Bass fanatic and player to hear JGP and JG playing some of the first ever Wals on those great discs is a double treat!

The new Fylde does look lovely! Can't wait to hear it live. It's been annoying that every time you've been playing near we've had a wedding gig or something! Grr! Note to self, must try harder! :)

Yes, we're good and busy too! Still it's good busy not bad busy so that's good! Love from Thea and love from both of us to you and Hilary!

Return to “Gordon's Music”