Track length on Visionary LP?

This is the place to post items relating to Gordon and his music in a general sense, such as his influences, how he composes, which pieces you enjoy most and why etc.

Moderator: GORDON

TTToni

Track length on Visionary LP?

Postby TTToni » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:11 pm

I just finished recording both sides of Visionary, however, when I look at the list of recordings I appear to only have 9 seperate recordings. Somewhere along the line I forgot to stop and restart recording and as a result some tracks are joined together.
I'm having a bit of difficulty splitting up these recordings, and ideally I would like them seperate as once I have written the CD for my dad, I want to copy them back from the CD onto my ipod (in order to save time exporting each .WAV file to .mp3 format. (confused yet? I certainly am :P)

What I would like to know does anyone know the lengths of each track on the original 1976 Visionary LP? Any searches so far have been unsuccessful.

I thinks its 1. Awakening Listen 2. Robes And Crowns Listen 3. From The Four Winds Listen 4. Lucifer's Cage that have been recorded together (1 &2 together, than 3 & 4)
Is it worth splitting them up, or should I just leave them recorded together?

Hobo

Postby Hobo » Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:06 am

Hello TTToni. My vinyl copy of Visionary currently resides in the cupboard under the stairs. I thought it was time I purchased the cd and was swayed further by the addition of bonus tracks.

I have uploaded the cd into iTunes and have assumed that the original tracks were simply remastered and remain the same length. I have therefore lifted the track times straight from iTunes. (I'm sure Gordon, Sue or a knowledgeable forum member will correct me, if I'm wrong)

Awakening 3.01
Robes And Crowns 1.23
From The Four Winds 3.30
Lucifer's Cage 4.07
Revelation 3.45
Price Of Experience 2.22
Dance Of Albion 1.57
Tyger 2.00
Echoing Green 2.02
London 3.01
Night 3.52

I hope this helps.

TTToni

Postby TTToni » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:45 pm

Thank you!

I've been trying to split the tracks up using the times, however there just doesn't seem to be a suitable point to split the tracks up. I think I missed out the end of one track so I've decided it's just best to start all over again. I'm getting to frustrated trying to make sense of all the different recordings!

Hobo

Postby Hobo » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:47 pm

No problem. I hope it all works out! :)

Return to “Gordon's Music”