visit to gordon

Here you can discuss details about instruments, equipment and all those other bits that non-musicians won't understand !

Moderator: GORDON

scottj1

visit to gordon

Postby scottj1 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:19 am

I'd like to use this forum to mention a visit that i made recently to Gordon for a one on one lesson.Lesson perhaps isn't the right word becuase it was more of an experience.For what i believe is a modest fee Gordon will set aside a day(he doesn't take a gig for the evening)and will discuss technique,guitars and generally answer any questions you have about anything GG related.I'd booked this visit a few months in advance by contacting Sue Holton.Sue can be contacted through this website.It was a special birthday treat for myself and an unforgettable day.I'd been quite nervous about meeting Gordon even though i could tell from this website by his replies he was down to earth and modest about what i believe are his exceptional musical abilities.On meeting him my initial nerves soon passed as he put me at ease and his delightful wife Hilary was also very welcoming.Poor Gordon must have felt after a while he was being interviewed with all the questions i had for him!He brought out many of his guitars for me to have a look at and play(which i was a bit reluctant to do at first)we then moved on to technique and how i would like to progress with my own playing.To actually watch Gordon play up close was a real thrill and even though i didn't at first feel comfortable playing in front of him i soon relaxed and felt at home.Iv'e been thinking for a while how to put something on the forum to describe what a great experience it really was and it's hard to put into words something that can really inspire someone but needless to say i came away feeling utterly inspired by this day and after playing the guitar on and off for the last 20 years or so it's been a musically life changing experience.For anybody who feels a bit lost or stuck in a rut with the guitar then i couldn't recommend enough a visit to the great man.You will also come away feeling like youv'e been friends for ages,i know i did.

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:26 pm

Dear Scott.

THANKYOU.

The pleasure was all mine sir.

Our best to Jane and yourself.

Visit again soon.

G.

Return to “Guitar Anoraks Forum”