global intonation

Here you can discuss details about instruments, equipment and all those other bits that non-musicians won't understand !

Moderator: GORDON

hobby builder

global intonation

Postby hobby builder » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:31 pm

Hello all ,this is the first time that I have posted a topic and i am new to the forum .I am a hobby builder, to date i have built 4 guitars all steel strung.Do any other builders or players have any thoughts or known rules with regard to saddle alignment with regard to intonation or is is just accepted to offset the saddle by 8 deg or 5mm 1st to 6th string then shape the saddle just for the action.Clearly on most classical guitars the saddle is parallel to the nut as all strings are nearly the same dia I guess all strings are streched by a similar amount.Also should the scale length POINT be to low E or in the centre of the saddle.Your thoughts are welcome. regards hobby builder
Last edited by hobby builder on Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:02 am

Interesting question my friend, I'm sure you will get a few replies on this one. You could always give my friend Roger Bucknall a call at FYLDE GUITARS!

Best of Regards.

G.

Return to “Guitar Anoraks Forum”