Kelly Amplification

Here you can discuss details about instruments, equipment and all those other bits that non-musicians won't understand !

Moderator: GORDON

Russ Gannicott

Kelly Amplification

Postby Russ Gannicott » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:41 pm

Anyone remember Kelly amps? They were made by John Kelly and his son I believe in the late sixties and early seventies. Lohn was an ex-Selmer man and it would appear that his designs were based on the Treble and Bass 50 amongst others. There is nott much info on Kelly on the internet and very little about their product range......including the speakers I've just discovered.
I've got hold of a pair of typical early seventies PA columns; each one about forty inches high and loaded with a pair of 12" drivers. I'd like to know what the speakers are as they are not badged, but do look original. They are not Celestions, so my best bet is Fane, although they do look a bit like Jensons though I doubt they would have fitted those. Needless to say, my intention is to pair them up with the stereo Session head to get a big wide sound when you space them apart on stage. If any of you has a Kelly combo I'd love to know what speaker you have fitted please.
All the best,
Russ

Russ Gannicott

Postby Russ Gannicott » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:35 pm

OK...for those of you interested, I have just identified the speakers as 50 watt Fanes. And yup...the stereo rig sounds incredible!
Russ

Return to “Guitar Anoraks Forum”