Dream Team!

Here you can discuss details about instruments, equipment and all those other bits that non-musicians won't understand !

Moderator: GORDON

Russ Gannicott

Dream Team!

Postby Russ Gannicott » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:48 am

Honest, this really is just for fun...OK? I have just been designing my perfect guitar....so here we go;

Construction (and sound)by Rob Armstrong.
Finish by Roger Bucknall at Fylde
Pickup and electrics by Stewart Ward (Award Session) - mind you, God knows what we'd end up with in terms of portability!!!

In principal you would end up with a guitar that looked and felt great, had a unique sound, achieved by a system of construction that was more philosophical and spritual than 'engineered' and a means of delivering it to the 'front of house' that was beyond coventional electronic principals!

So...I throw down the gauntlet.....anyone dare reckon they can beat that?
Cheers,
Russ

Trevor Raggatt

Postby Trevor Raggatt » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:33 pm

Oooooooh, that is pretty darned close to perfect so just for the basis of debate and interest I'll say...

Design and build by Andy and Simon at Brook Guitars in Devon. Just coz I'm biased doesn't mean I'm wrong!

Finishing by Roger at Fylde, of course, but with a few tasteful custom inlays by Brook too.

Pickup designed and built by Ashworth down in Cornwall with a custom preamp by electronics genius John East (allowing him scope to diversify from his excellent bass preamp work).

While I'm at it I'll have Stuart at Award Session develop a custom built acoustic combo amplifier and DI system.

Finally set-up by Paul Herman at Charlie Chandler's Guitar Experience. Oh, and case by Hiscox naturally! Strap by some guys called Italia Straps who sell the comfiest leather straps on eBay!

How does that mix sound to all of you guys?

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:42 am

Us Anoraks MUST stick together...grin.. :D

G.

Return to “Guitar Anoraks Forum”