Yet another amp!

Here you can discuss details about instruments, equipment and all those other bits that non-musicians won't understand !

Moderator: GORDON

Russ Gannicott

Yet another amp!

Postby Russ Gannicott » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:56 pm

Oh my god.....I've bought yet another Award Session amp. This time it's a 1986 Sessionette 75 1x12 in the 'rare' beige vinyl. This one is weird as it's had a 'third channel' conversion done to it at some time. Beautiful mod...but rather pointless as far as I'm concerned.

So, the list now is;
1985 Sessionette 75 2x10 (French export) in beige.
1986 Sessionette 75 1x12 in beige. (The new one!!!)
2005 Sessionette 75 1x12.

These things are rather addictive to be honest. All I want now is a 1 x 12 extension cab, a 4 x 10 cab and a 4 x 10 Sessionette combo. Any offers?
Cheers,
Russ

Russ Gannicott

Oh no, not again!

Postby Russ Gannicott » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:22 pm

You know I was saying that these things are addictive......well it's happened again. There I was, minding my business in Harmony Music in Dorchester today when Ash came running over to me, virtually frothing at the mouth and pointing frantically into a dark corner of the shop jabbering something about "head, stereo, Session!!". Closer inspection revealed one of the holy grails of Session junkies....a SG2100. It's a two channel stereo guitar amp head that drives a Sessionette pre-amp through a pair of 125 watt mossfet power amp stages. It has loads of features including a stereo effects return for really huge stage sounds when run into a pair of speaker cabs.
Anyway, needless to say I asked the shop owner about it and he said it was the amp they hired out for forty quid a day including 4 x 12 cabinet. I asked him if it could be bought and he quoted a price of £99.00 to take it away. I then reminded him that he had a sale starting tomorrow and wondered what the sale price would be. £80.00 the man said. I waved £75.00 in front of him
and it did the job and the head was mine!!
We just tried it out this evening and it is everything and more that we had hoped for......very loud, with a massive warm sound when plugged into two cabs. Fantastic!

OK, so the hunt is now on for a pair of Session 2x12 extension cabs!!!

Trevor Raggatt

Postby Trevor Raggatt » Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:35 pm

"Hello everyone. This is my first time here. My name is Russ and I'm a Seshaholic."

:twisted:

Return to “Guitar Anoraks Forum”