Just when you thought it was safe to put your wallet away

Here you can discuss details about instruments, equipment and all those other bits that non-musicians won't understand !

Moderator: GORDON

Colin F

Just when you thought it was safe to put your wallet away

Postby Colin F » Sat May 05, 2007 9:32 pm

Oh My !!!, has anyone seen the New Ovation VXT !!!, Ovation have took on the Mod guitar market with this beauty with Range of sounds from every eletric guitar you can shake a stick at to acoustic, and they look spanking!! (especially the tear drop sunburst one!) I can hear a thousand + credit card's all the land starting to shiver and shake at the prospect! No Idea on price over here yet, don't think they will hit our shores for a few weeks but Uncle Sam dished them out from the 1st may. Have a look at it on www.ovationguitars.com or you can see a few demo's of it at http://youtube.com/watch?v=uYDtZt4EElE (Hmm Maybe I was a bit hasty buying the Variax!!!) :lol:

Hobo

Postby Hobo » Sat May 05, 2007 11:51 pm

Great YouTube video Colin and it's a beautiful looking range of guitars. I am now ruing my lack of musical talent and financial acumen.

Colin F

Postby Colin F » Sun May 06, 2007 12:09 pm

Hi Hobo
Join the club mate, it's not exclusive :lol:

Colin F

Postby Colin F » Sun May 06, 2007 12:13 pm

Oh, aye, I nearly forgot,,in the good 'Ole USof A they are around the $1400 mark, so whats that in proper Money?,,erm,,about £700.00 at todays exchange rate I reckon.

Russ Gannicott

VXT

Postby Russ Gannicott » Sun May 06, 2007 6:17 pm

Ummm...I think it looks like an overweight Peavey Wolfgang! $1400 in the States will mean almost £1400 (before discounts) over here if Gibson and Fender prices are any thing to go by. For that kind of money you can buy a decent, proper and possibly hand made, acoustic or a good mass produced one and a reasonable electric. As you might have guessed..not for me. I'm afraid I really don't like Ovations in much the same way I don't like Martins and most Taylors....I just feel so many others do the same job better, for a lot less money!
Stick with your Variax - I was watching one being played with great gusto the other night. When used in conjunction with a pair of Loop Stations, a Boss delay and a slide it was truly awesome!
Russ

Hobo

Re: VXT

Postby Hobo » Sun May 06, 2007 11:45 pm

Russ Gannicott wrote:Ummm...I think it looks like an overweight Peavey Wolfgang! $1400 in the States will mean almost £1400 (before discounts) over here if Gibson and Fender prices are any thing to go by. For that kind of money you can buy a decent, proper and possibly hand made, acoustic or a good mass produced one and a reasonable electric. As you might have guessed..not for me. I'm afraid I really don't like Ovations in much the same way I don't like Martins and most Taylors....I just feel so many others do the same job better, for a lot less money!
Stick with your Variax - I was watching one being played with great gusto the other night. When used in conjunction with a pair of Loop Stations, a Boss delay and a slide it was truly awesome!
Russ

Mmmm....loop station. Where have I seen one of those? :wink:

Colin F

Postby Colin F » Mon May 07, 2007 9:30 pm

:lol: I can't even pretend to know what a 'Loop Station' is, but it sounds like I should get one anyway :)
Yeah, I find that a bit of a rip off, matching £ per $. however, there are few very good guitar websites over there that will ship guitars and stuff over to this side of the pond, you'll have to pay shipping charges (and possibly an import charge) but thats not usually a huge hefty amount, not like paying nearly twice the price for your Item anyway.

Bob Wilson

Postby Bob Wilson » Mon May 07, 2007 9:51 pm

Go for it Colin! :lol:
I bought a Boss Loop Station RC20XL last week and I'm busy transcribing 'Dodo's Dream' at the moment. It's a fantastic little device that is able to record several minutes of your guitar in realtime and then allows you to overdub several times over the top. This enables you to play backing, bass and using effects, any other sounds to create a backing that you can play over. Gordon uses it to great effect on Dodo's Dream (which is probably why I'm having so much trouble working out which track is play what). Now that you've got the Variax why not give it a go :lol:
Best wishes
Bob

Return to “Guitar Anoraks Forum”