Shameless Plug For Trevor @PMT

Here you can discuss details about instruments, equipment and all those other bits that non-musicians won't understand !

Moderator: GORDON

Lu_B

Shameless Plug For Trevor @PMT

Postby Lu_B » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:40 pm

As Gordon has mentioned Trevor in this months newsletter, I thought it wouldn't be frowned on too much to give Trev@ PMT a bit of a plug.

I've known Trev for about 8 years now and he has worked on all of my current crop of guitars, both acoustic and electric.

He's a fantastic guitar tech who works out of a small hutch (sorry workshop) at PMT's store in Birmingham, you can find him next door to the toilets :lol: You only have to watch out for one thing with Trev, and that's his slightly warped sense of humour!

I came across Trev when looking for someone to put a set of Seymour Duncan Seth Lovers in a newly acquired Tokai 335 copy. At the time it was the most expensive guitar I had ever bought and was my first pickup swap. I was little bit apprehensive having had a not so great experience with another local tech.

So went to see Trev, told him what I wanted doing and he said OK come back the following Saturday and it should be done.

I duly returned the following week, nice and early - as usual there was a queue outside Trev's workshop so I decided to go and drool at the fantastic wall of guitars PMT have.

After about 30 minutes I hear a mild Brummy voice behind me say "there you are, I've been waiting for you", I turned round and Trev said "there's a problem with your guitar" at this point the colour drained from my face, I got a sinking feeling and thought oh no I've spent all my cash on a dog....... Then a mischievous grin came across Trevs face "Its sounds loverly and I need to keep it, can you leave it with me for 6 months?"

Since that little joke I've been back, many many times with my latest acquisitions and spent many a happy hour in the hutch listening to stories.

So if you need a guitar tech with a sense of humour, pay Trev a visit.

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:35 pm

It's all true folks. Trev is a really great guy, in fact I popped into see him today with my grandson Jack, and came away with a beautiful Eastman archtop guitar having left two instruments for Trev to sort out. Do pay him a visit, the shop is great and Trev is a real joy.

Be Well all.

G.

Return to “Guitar Anoraks Forum”