It lives!!

Here you can discuss details about instruments, equipment and all those other bits that non-musicians won't understand !

Moderator: GORDON

Russ Gannicott

It lives!!

Postby Russ Gannicott » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:12 pm

For those of you who have been following the story, I can now confirm that the Rory Gallagher 'tribute' Strat is finished. Many thanks to those of you who have contributed to the project and donated some of the rarer parts needed to make it authentic - you know who you are!
The guitar feels really special - much more so than a factory 'relic', it seems to have real soul.
You can see a a bit of it in action here;
http://www.myspace.com/thebluesmachineuk where Ash is using it to play their version of 'Purple Haze' at their debut gig last monday. The gig went well (for a first one!) and they played through their four or five songs with great confidence and a display of plenty of promise of what's to come. For the record, Ash is 13, the drummer Connor is 12 and Ben the bassist just fifteen. They are currently working on a couple of Free songs (All right now & The Stealer) plus Black Magic Woman and Taste's 'What's goin' on'.
Watch this space!
]Russ

Roger

Postby Roger » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:58 pm

Nice one Russ! When get chance can you post a photo please.

All the best,

Roger

John Adams

It Lives!

Postby John Adams » Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:21 am

Well done to you, Ash and Blues Machine! A fantastic example of how music bridges the generation gap – I can’t wait to see the photos!!

Bob Wilson

Postby Bob Wilson » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:56 pm

Nice one Russ. It looks great. Ash is lucky to be playing such a good looking guitar.
Best wishes
Bob

TTToni

Postby TTToni » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:34 pm

Oooh it looks great! I wish my dad's 'projects' were just as interesting. It sounds lovely aswell,

The Blues Machine are sounding great so far. I'm incredibly impressed since they're all quite young. They could easily rock the pants off one band I saw a few weeks ago. Decent music but terrible whining vocals and no stage presence. It baffles me they were second on stage. I think TBM could work a bit more on their stage sparkle aswell, but that will definately come with experience (and a bigger stage and audience, its not easy to perform to a small crowd).

All together, great work Russ!

Toni

Russ Gannicott

Postby Russ Gannicott » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:55 pm

Thanks Toni, those are really constructive comments, and be assured that I will pass them on. Yes, the lads are going through that 'rabbit in the headlamps' stage at the moment, but I'm sure they will soon start relaxing a bit more. Yes, I know it's all too easy to be biased (as a parent), but I think they are doing really well. Even if they fail tio take it any further, they would have sown some seeds that will bear fruit right throughout their musical careers - lets face face it, the blues influence will always be cool. The thing that impresses me most is that they have a great feel - really quite authentic - I'm looking forward to seeing them in front of a bigger 'adult' crowd as I think they will go down quite well and should get the big confidence boost that they currently need. Having said that, comments like yours also make all the difference, so thanks again!
Russ

TTToni

Postby TTToni » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:56 pm

No problem Russ :) I hope they carry on playing the same style of music, its good to hear something different.
I hope the band get the opportunity to watch other local unsigned bands. It's always handy to look at other bands and see whats working for them and what isn't.
A blues rock band I love the sound of are called Hijack Oscar. http://www.myspace.com/hijakoscar
They were on TV taking part in channel 4's mobileACT unsigned, they didn't win but they did generate a huge amount of interest. I think theres a lot of room in the music scene for some blues influenced bands. Unfortunately they don't have any videos up of them performing, which is a shame because they looked as if they were really 'feeling' their music. (god I sound like I'm promoting the band xD)

Return to “Guitar Anoraks Forum”