Dodo's Dream Distorted Solo

Here you can discuss details about instruments, equipment and all those other bits that non-musicians won't understand !

Moderator: GORDON

Roger

Dodo's Dream Distorted Solo

Postby Roger » Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:02 pm

Gordon and Bob,

I'm just wondering what you suggested to young Ewan about playing the distorted guitar parts in Dodo's Dream? Do you suggest trying to copy the original or improvising? Which scales is the solo built on?

Thanks,

Roger

PS Gordon, thanks for Em's message - much appreciated!!

Bob Wilson

Postby Bob Wilson » Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:32 pm

Hi Roger
Ewan will be playing Dodo as near to Gordon's as possible. The reason for this is that the score has to be presented before the competition and played as shown (although Ewan would probably prefer to improvise around some of it, mostly pentatonic). If you check the video that I took on Gordon's YouTube site you get a great close-up of how he plays it.
How lucky am I? :lol: Spending the day with Gordon programming my pedals and jamming around with Dodo and another visit to come. Brilliant!!!
Try checking out Ewan's MySpace site where some of his and Callums compositions are on show. You can see from them how he is maturing into a great guitarist with very wide range of styles. Names to look for in the future I think.
Jane and I hope to be going to the Fleet gig in Feb, so maybe we'll see you there.
Best wishes to you and Em
Bob

Return to “Guitar Anoraks Forum”