GOOD BUDGET GUITARS - sub £100 - let's not overlook them

Here you can discuss details about instruments, equipment and all those other bits that non-musicians won't understand !

Moderator: GORDON

BRC

Re: GOOD BUDGET GUITARS - sub £100 - let's not overlook them

Postby BRC » Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:55 pm

These days there are so many low price guitars that the choice on which one to buy becomes a lottery.

However, take a look at Thomann, a German company that has a good reputation, and also has its own brand guitars under the ‘Harley Benton’ label. There are plenty of reviews on YouTube of many of the instruments so, rather than me giving simply a written opinion, have a look and listen to those reviews and demonstrations.

I have bought quite a few items, including guitars from them over the years, and received very good customer service. I recently bought two acoustic electric guitars as presents for other people, set them up myself and, although they appear to be ‘clones’ of well known much more expensive brands, they are not inferior instruments, though only a fraction of the cost of those mimicked brands. The recipients of those two guitars are very well pleased with them.

Do have a look ... and, sadly, I am not on commission from the above mentioned firm.

Brad
Link to Thomann
https://www.thomann.de/gb/index.html

Roger

Re: GOOD BUDGET GUITARS - sub £100 - let's not overlook them

Postby Roger » Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:10 pm

Hi Brad,

Agree with you 100% on this. For those who may not have seen our previous thread:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1687

On another subject I see that budget effects pedals are now available under the Amazon Basics brand (but I think they are made by Nux). They look the same as some of the Kokko units I've seen. Prices start at about £25 for an overdrive unit.

Roger

Return to “Guitar Anoraks Forum”