GG Vintage Deluxe

Here you can discuss details about instruments, equipment and all those other bits that non-musicians won't understand !

Moderator: GORDON

Marcus

GG Vintage Deluxe

Postby Marcus » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:16 pm

I bought one of these a few months back, (thanks to Ivor Mairants...I prefer to buy face to face rather than internet), and continue to be delighted with it. For the money, I can't think of a guitar that suits me better; in fact, never mind about the money, its a beautiful instrument!
I have, in the past, been privileged to have a few beautiful guitars in my possession. In particular a gorgeous brazilian rosewood / spruce Lowden s35 slot head & a couple of rather nice instruments made by John Hullah (where he now?).
But this guitar is just delicious... for my requirements it has everything. Ive taken it to South Goa, India & it helped me to learn. We're now in Essaouira, Morocco, where DADGAD tuning seems so natural. If only I could play better.... ah well, on we go..
A post apropos of nothing really, just an outburst of pleasure at having all my expectations exceeded and having a really good time with a fabulous guitar!

GORDON
Site Admin

Re: GG Vintage Deluxe

Postby GORDON » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:32 am

Marcus wrote:I bought one of these a few months back, (thanks to Ivor Mairants...I prefer to buy face to face rather than internet), and continue to be delighted with it. For the money, I can't think of a guitar that suits me better; in fact, never mind about the money, its a beautiful instrument!
I have, in the past, been privileged to have a few beautiful guitars in my possession. In particular a gorgeous brazilian rosewood / spruce Lowden s35 slot head & a couple of rather nice instruments made by John Hullah (where he now?).
But this guitar is just delicious... for my requirements it has everything. Ive taken it to South Goa, India & it helped me to learn. We're now in Essaouira, Morocco, where DADGAD tuning seems so natural. If only I could play better.... ah well, on we go..
A post apropos of nothing really, just an outburst of pleasure at having all my expectations exceeded and having a really good time with a fabulous guitar!

Hi Marcus.

It is so good know that all my time extolling the virtue of this model is being shared by one who actually knows about guitars and can appreciate this instrument for what it is.

I loved your comment about " never mind the money".I feel exactly the same and always make a point of NOT saying that "this guitar represents outstanding value for the money".It is just without doubt a fine guitar.Those seasoned rockers Chas and Dave love the guitar and Chas even goes as far as saying it better than his vintage Martin!

Continue to enjoy it.

Mine just gets better by the month.

Try and catch my DADGAD column in ACOUSTIC magazine!

Be well.

G.

Return to “Guitar Anoraks Forum”