Total Giltrap

Here you can discuss details about instruments, equipment and all those other bits that non-musicians won't understand !

Moderator: GORDON

Oldbones

Total Giltrap

Postby Oldbones » Fri May 02, 2014 9:57 am

Presumably, folks who have joined this forum are fans of Gordon's music. Many, I hope are also players. If so, have you encountered this book which I only landed upon by accident.

TOTAL GILTRAP : Guitar encounters of the fingerstyle kind
Published by Mel Bay with an enclosed CD of all pieces plus additional demo material.
ISBN 0-9540764-0-0

Amazon uk listing -
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Total-Giltrap-G ... style+kind

I used to read the magazine 'Total Guitar' and recall reading Gordon's column. What I didn't know was that ALL those articles had been compiled and published in book form together with the original notes associated with each article AND a CD of all the examples, exercises etc.

For any fan of Gordon's music and for anyone attempting to emulate or learn from his style, this book is a must-buy. In it, he clearly explains and describes what he refers to as his 'unorthodox' playing when simultaneously using a pick and fingers. But he emphasises that more 'traditional' fingerstyle techniques will work just as well.

All-in-all, a highly recommended book .... just don't expect anything less than to be mind-boggled at times and to wonder how best to untangle your fingers.
It isn't how fast you can play that counts - it's that you only play as fast as you need to play that is important.
Silence can be as eloquent as sound.

Sue
Site Admin

Re: Total Giltrap

Postby Sue » Fri May 02, 2014 10:57 am

Hi Oldbones,

as well as CDs, DVDs and any other related "merchandise" you can find information on that and all other published books of Gordon's music in the books part of the Discography section of the website here:

http://www.giltrap.co.uk/index.php?page=cds&category=04--Books

(check out the thumbnail images and headings on the right hand side)

Sue
GG webmaster

Return to “Guitar Anoraks Forum”