Wher can I try out a VE2000GG

Here you can discuss details about instruments, equipment and all those other bits that non-musicians won't understand !

Moderator: GORDON

FRETLESS

Wher can I try out a VE2000GG

Postby FRETLESS » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:53 am

Hi, hope someone or the great man himself might answer this. I started playing guitar when I was 15 and then put the thing down again for some odd reason when I was in my early twenties - over 30 years ago! For some reason, just recently, having turned 55, I suddenly have got the bug again and picked my dusty Kimbara acoustic up, cleaned it down and have started practicing vigorously. I am in the process of purchasing an Admira Concerto classical guitar, but I have also at some point have been toying with the idea of purchasing a VE2000GG. After of course seeing the many reviews about it. Obviously I would like to try before buy. I live in North East Lincolnshire (Grimsby), but I am not aware of any music shops in my area that stock the VE2000GG guitar. Anybody on this Forum knows who stocks this particular model and where I could try please? Preferably near me, but if I have to travel a wee bit further, then so be it. This may well be for me a lifelong investment, so perhaps it may be worth those extra miles.
Thanks,
Keith.

BRC

Re: Where can I try out a VE2000GG

Postby BRC » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:26 pm

Fretless,

I got my VE2000GG-12 from Reidys, Blackburn. That is a fair distance from you but you may consider it worthwhile making a trip there, after calling them, of course. You could also take the opportunity to see if there are 5000 holes there (probably a lot more by now).

I bought my 12 string rather blind,though trusting GGs reputation and having heard him play the 6 string version live a few times. I am not at all disappointed with the instrument which compares favourably/better than other guitars costing twice or more.

''Oldbones' may be able to offer some suggestions for your locality, though here in the allegedly affluent South East I face the same problem in the paucity of reliable dealers - London excepted - though I should give an honourable mention to GAK of Brighton where I, and friends, have bought instruments and accessories with ease and friendly service.

Good hunting for your desired guitar.

Brad

FRETLESS

Re: Wher can I try out a VE2000GG

Postby FRETLESS » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:52 pm

Thanks Brad. I looked up their website and found that they are doing a good offer on the 6 string, which is what I am after. Not in any hurry as I am hopefully buying a classical tomorrow and will have to save a few quid for the GG. Who knows, I may jump in feet first and just get it though. :lol:

GORDON
Site Admin

Re: Wher can I try out a VE2000GG

Postby GORDON » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:02 pm

Hi Keith.

Give my friend Gavin Coulson at JHS a call on 01132 866411,failing that ask for sales who will hopefully find a dealer close to where you live.Tell them I directed you to to Gav and this number.

Thanks for giving it a go sir.

Be well.

g.

FRETLESS

Re: Where can I try out a VE2000GG

Postby FRETLESS » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:10 pm

Thank you Mr G. I may well do that.

Keith.

Return to “Guitar Anoraks Forum”