Rusty Strings

Here you can discuss details about instruments, equipment and all those other bits that non-musicians won't understand !

Moderator: GORDON

matt

Rusty Strings

Postby matt » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:35 am

Imagine my surprise when I went to fit a set of strings, brand new from the vacuum sealed pack (admittedly rather old) only to find that inside was this...

If you didn't catch the brand it's Dean Markley ... I have emailed their US support address (there is no UK support that I can find)... That was a week ago and I've had nothing back... The question is do I start prodding them on their facebook page or do I just forget about it?

I wouldn't mind but I keep all my strings in the same place... I've got plenty of non plastic wrapped martin strings in the same box... They're all just dandy...

Has anyone else had this problem?
Damn... broke a nail

scottj1

Re: Rusty Strings

Postby scottj1 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:34 pm

Hi Matt

I had a problem a year or so ago with the plain strings on a set of Elixir's.

When I contacted the company they were horrified and asked me to send the strings to them to have a look at.They then sent me three sets by way of apology.I think that's brilliant customer service.I like changing makes of string every now and again so I think that's prompted another swap!

Hopefully they will get in touch

All the best

Scott

matt

Re: Rusty Strings

Postby matt » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:01 pm

Well I'm glad I'm not just the unluckiest individual here! :lol:

Cheers Scott... :wink: really wish I'd picked up Elixir's that day about now as I don't think I'm going to here a damned thing... :roll: I'd happily settle for one set of strings...
Damn... broke a nail

Return to “Guitar Anoraks Forum”