Telecasters

Here you can discuss details about instruments, equipment and all those other bits that non-musicians won't understand !

Moderator: GORDON

Roger

Re: Telecasters

Postby Roger » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:40 pm

Just read this thread from start to finish - super stuff which makes Gordon's forum the place to be :D :D :D

Russ Gannicott

Postby Russ Gannicott » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:42 pm

Hi Roger, the hardware is from wherever I can source it to be honest. Even budget suppliers seem to be able to publish specs on their products these days so choosing becomes easier. CH Guitars, Allparts and Axes 'R' Us are always good bets.

Gordon - I chose modern Filterons as they are tappable and give a similar visual 'vibe' to many Cabronitas you see.

Anyway, a very Merry Christmas and happy, healthy and wealthy New Year to you all!!

Russ, Carole and Ash. X

blackgold1963

Postby blackgold1963 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:33 pm

Hi All
being new to the forum , I have really enjoyed the telecaster thread.
like many of you , I have played teles on and off for years , from Japs to Squires , and a Joe Strummer model.
I don't know if its something that happens as you get into your 40s / 50s , but I too now love the old girl straight thru a good lead
and into the Paul Rivera combo set loud and just on the edge - no pedals in sight !! Ohhh lovely......
Just a question before I sign off - my addiction to guitars has returned and the GG 12 string acoustic has arrived - what gauge strings are on it and what's best when I need to change ??
By the way it sounds fab tuned down then cappo'd to an open tuning - I was away for hours recalling old tunes ....

Best Regards to you all

Phil

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:25 pm

Hi Phil.

You are ABSOLUTELY correct in tuning it down because the pull on the neck.I tune mine a tone and a half below concert.

I use Wyres 12 string G G sets,or failing that make up a set from Martin SP 11 gauge.

Happy Christmas buddy.

G.

blackgold1963

Postby blackgold1963 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:40 am

Hi Gordon
thanks for the info re: strings for the GG 12 string acoustic- will try the wyres .
Cant wait to give it a go at acoustic pub sessions coming up in Jan/ Feb.
Just wondering - have you had a thread on strats ?? Have returned to using some of mine the last few gigs over xmas and been fab .
My particular favs are the jap Marvin strats - fenders and squires , which I collect - Mary is very understanding !!
Must go - have a good new year all
best regards
Phil H

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:52 pm

blackgold1963 wrote:Hi Gordon
thanks for the info re: strings for the GG 12 string acoustic- will try the wyres .
Cant wait to give it a go at acoustic pub sessions coming up in Jan/ Feb.
Just wondering - have you had a thread on strats ?? Have returned to using some of mine the last few gigs over xmas and been fab .
My particular favs are the jap Marvin strats - fenders and squires , which I collect - Mary is very understanding !!
Must go - have a good new year all
best regards
Phil H

Let's do a thread on Strats then. I love em and have two at the moment.One made by Paul White and another made by a friend of Stu Field at The Guitar Cavern Worcester.

Happy New Year all.

G.

Return to “Guitar Anoraks Forum”