Rob Armstrong Baritone Guitar

Here you can discuss details about instruments, equipment and all those other bits that non-musicians won't understand !

Moderator: GORDON

Roger

Rob Armstrong Baritone Guitar

Postby Roger » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:28 pm

Gordon,

Nice that you've mentioned the above guitar a few times recently. Does it mean that it will be making more live apprearances in the near future? Reason I ask is that it's always been one of my favourite GG guitars ever since I first saw you play it in 2003. A few years back I was lucky enough to be able to chat to Rob about it, but as you would expect he was typically modest :) Anyway it's a beautiful guitar with a lovely tone and it would be so nice to see/hear it again.

Best to you both,

Roger

GORDON
Site Admin

Re: Rob Armstrong Baritone Guitar

Postby GORDON » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:25 pm

Hi Roger.

Yes,indeed it will be back on stage with me for a while.

I like to ring the changes with my guitars and it's good to have variety.

It's a beaten up old thing but does have a certain magic to it.

Rob Armstrong certainly has a gift for making unique instruments.

Interesting comment about his modesty!

Be exceedingly well both.

G.

TimH

Postby TimH » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:46 pm

Hi both,
I also love that baritone guitar. I recall seeing the distance between the lower frets and thinking I would never be able to get my fingers far enough apart to form a meaningful chord that low down. Subsequently (quite a few years ago), I attended one of Gordon's workshops before a show he did in East Grinsted (remember the theatre there Gordon?) and he showed me how far apart he can get the tips of his index and middle fingers of his fretting hand....about the same distance as I can get between my index and little finger at full stretch! He kindly showed me some exercises to run down from the 12th fret to gradually increase the gap between fingers which I still practice to this day. Sadly I'm still well short of the Gordon Gap (as I will call it!)

Best wishes of the season to all on the forum.

Tim.

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:55 pm

Great to hear from you Tim.

Love to the family.

G.

Return to “Guitar Anoraks Forum”