Hi - A First Post From Across the Pond

The social chat group. The place for the completely off-topic stuff - general chit-chat, things like that - No music here!

Moderator: GORDON

Roger USA

Hi - A First Post From Across the Pond

Postby Roger USA » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:45 pm

Hi Everyone, This is just a first hello from your newest member. I have been a fan of Gordon's music since buying the 12 inch single of Fear of the Dark in the late 70's!

I now live in North Carolina between the Appalachian (Dreaming) Mountains and the Atlantic Ocean. It is a beautiful place, but it makes catching a performance by Gordon difficult. However, after visiting the UK in 2011 for the first time in a few years I am hoping to manage a trip this year that ties in with one of Gordon's gigs.

I am fortunate that the USA iTunes maintains an excellent, up to date, selection of Gordon's music - not the case for all UK artists.

I was interested to see in this month's news letter that Gordon is lover of Vaughan Williams music. I have loved his music since I saw a live concert performance of Fantasia on a Theme by Thomas Tallis when I was at college. He wrote some outstanding music.

From what I have seen this is an interesting website and I look forward to future visits. After reading the review of the new GG Elise electric guitar and checking Gordon's channel on You Tube my only question would be are the GG range of guitars only available in the UK?

Sorry this turned into a rather long hello......I will say goodbye get back to enjoying the winter sunshine and listening to Shining Morn.

Roger

scottj1

Re: Hi - A First Post From Across the Pond

Postby scottj1 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:06 am

Welcome to the forum Roger

It's great that there is an international flavour developing here!

Return to “General Chat”