Charity Auction

The social chat group. The place for the completely off-topic stuff - general chit-chat, things like that - No music here!

Moderator: GORDON

Sue
Site Admin

Charity Auction

Postby Sue » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:08 pm

If you'd like collect a unique piece of GG memorabilia and to support Great Ormond Street Hospital Children's Charity there is an interesting item on Ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Guitar-Legend-GORDON-GILTRAP-/272040014453?

Sue
GG webmaster

GORDON
Site Admin

Re: Charity Auction

Postby GORDON » Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:04 pm

When I return to full health, I fully intend to do a very long overdue fundraising concert for GREAT ORMOND STREET HOSPITAL,because aged five years old I nearly died from peritonitis.I was suffering from appendicitis but was misdiagnosed by a very flaky local heavy drinking GP,who told my mother it was gastric flue!

Thanks to my mothers judgment and by insisting on a second opinion she whisked me up to GREAT ORMOND STREET where they virtually operated straightaway otherwise I would have indeed died.I owe my life to her tenacity and determination and the skill of the surgeons there.

Watch this space my friends,and let us hope that once I get through this current health problem and surgery I can return to be the performer I used to be.

Be well all.

G.

steve

Postby steve » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:17 pm

HERE, HERE, on all counts!

Thanks also to Sue for the Ebay tip-off.

Gordon, I note a single concert is still scheduled for 2016 at Bishops Cleeve, Cheltenham. Are you still planning to go ahead with this one? I note, as of today that 137 of the 210 available tickets have sold already (2 to yours truly, of course!). When we booked we hadn't a clue about your health announcement.
Mirrors should think longer before they reflect ~ Jean Cocteau

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:33 pm

steve wrote:HERE, HERE, on all counts!

Gordon, I note a single concert is still scheduled for 2016 at Bishops Cleeve, Cheltenham. Are you still planning to go ahead with this one? I note, as of today that 137 of the 210 available tickets have sold already (2 to yours truly, of course!). When we booked we hadn't a clue about your health announcement.

Hi Steve.

I am indeed aware of that date and have already spoken with the promoter and is aware that due to major surgery in the new year I may not be able to fulfill this date.But I'm certain that there will be enough notice to re schedule if necessary .

I THANKYOU most sincerely for this posting and indeed for buying tickets.

Be well.

G.

steve

Postby steve » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:50 pm

GORDON wrote:
steve wrote:HERE, HERE, on all counts!

Hi Steve.

I am indeed aware of that date and have already spoken with the promoter and is aware that due to major surgery in the new year I may not be able to fulfill this date.But I'm certain that there will be enough notice to re schedule if necessary .

I THANKYOU most sincerely for this posting and indeed for buying tickets.

Be well.

G.

Hi Gordon,

Thank you kindly for your quick response. Under the circumstances I'm surprised you can even think about such things. When you suggest there will be enough notice to "re-schedule" are you thinking the concert might go ahead anyway but be brought forward in time?

Whatever you decide to do, we are all supporting you, my friend. Even if we have to wait 'til 2020 to see you back at full steam it'll certainly be worth the wait! :wink: Nothing is more important than health and well-being, after all.

Best wishes,

Steve

Roger USA

Postby Roger USA » Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:46 pm

I placed the opening bid when Sue posted the link and everything seemed to be going smoothly with just two bids for days. I thought nothing much else would happen until the last day, but when I checked in today bids had started coming in. I have bid a couple more times and been outbid - that's a good sign!

Sue
Site Admin

Postby Sue » Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:24 pm

Sold for a very respectable £45.

And the lucky winner was.........???? :mrgreen:
GG webmaster

piotrwargan

Postby piotrwargan » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:40 am

The ebay name of the lucky winner starts with an "S" - could this be a clue? :-)

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:04 am

Sue wrote:Sold for a very respectable £45.

And the lucky winner was.........???? :mrgreen:

Well done you. :o :)

Sue
Site Admin

Postby Sue » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:12 am

Nope, not me..... :cry:

My Ebay user name doesn't start with an S either, so afraid that's a red herring

Sue
GG webmaster

steve

Postby steve » Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:28 pm

It was me, folks!

I'm absolutely thrilled to bits. Quite apart from owning another nice piece of Gordon ephemera, the money goes to a great cause in the process! Well done, Gordon, for taking part and for your continued charity support. I know you have given much of your time to support our local Tracy Sollis appeal, for example.

This item will be proudly hung on the wall in my office. I only wish there had been significantly more bidders.

Roger USA

Postby Roger USA » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:07 pm

Well done Steve. I don't know what your max bid was, but it kept beating every bid I tried! A very worthy cause.

All The Best,

Roger

steve

Postby steve » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:11 pm

Roger USA wrote:Well done Steve. I don't know what your max bid was, but it kept beating every bid I tried! A very worthy cause.

All The Best,

Roger

Thanks, Roger! No need to worry though, you weren't even close! :lol:

steve

Postby steve » Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:14 pm

My framed autographed picture has just arrived. Wow, I never noted just how big it was! Thanks again to Gordon and all those people involved who gave their time, services and materials to make these items available for charity.

All I need now is a very heavy gauge picture hook and........where did I last put the hammer? :?

Sue
Site Admin

Postby Sue » Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:41 pm

Glad it went to a good home :D

Sue
GG webmaster

Return to “General Chat”