Craig Ogden

The social chat group. The place for the completely off-topic stuff - general chit-chat, things like that - No music here!

Moderator: GORDON

Simon the Angel

Craig Ogden

Postby Simon the Angel » Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:42 pm

Hi Gordon,

I've been away from this forum for while...been busy with my prostate cancer problems and where I can, singing in concerts and going to concerts......last night I saw Craig Ogden in concert at a small but beautiful venue of The Parlour, Manor Farm Ardley Oxfordshire. I spoke with Craig Ogden I said how much I enjoyed his playing, Craig asked about my singing and swapped experiences of public performing and my uncontrollable colly wobbles before going on in front of the full blaze of spotlights !

I also explained that I've been a fan of yours for over 40 years. Craig said that he had heard of you by many others including Ray Burley who he knows quite well....he played a piece by Andrew York, called 'Sunburst' this piece must have been inspired by you Gordon ! it is so similar in style....I spoke with Craig afterwards and he said he would very much to meet up with you sometime I explained your health issues are taking priority at the moment, he understood. He also is great admirer of Martin Taylor......I can see you all getting together at some point !

I hope this finds you well Gordon. I've just finsished a course of radio therapy and yes it takes it out of you, in the form of fatigue and other side effects...remember the words of my friend Melanie " take whatever comes with positivity and strength" I've never forgotten these words and it is SO true believe me. :D

GORDON
Site Admin

Re: Craig Ogden

Postby GORDON » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:02 pm

Hi Simon.

You have obviously been going through the mill recently.

I sincerely wish you good health and full recovery.

I'm doing OK,just keep taking the tablets and having regular blood tests and monitoring.

Played my last concert of the year last night.

By all reports it was a good one.

Be well sir.

G.

Return to “General Chat”