JAMES HERBERT RIP.

The social chat group. The place for the completely off-topic stuff - general chit-chat, things like that - No music here!

Moderator: GORDON

GORDON
Site Admin

JAMES HERBERT RIP.

Postby GORDON » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:11 pm

I received the news this morning that our dear pal James Herbert had passed away. This is such sad news, and Hilary and I were SO looking forward to attending his 70th birthday party on the 7th of next month.

I only spoke with Jim a few weeks back saying that we were attending his birthday celebrations and he was really pleased to hear that. We didn't see him and Eileen that often but I have fond memories of him ringing me on Christmas morning to wish me a happy Christmas. I was SO touched by that. When you give people your time I think that is the greatest gift of all.

I still can't believe he's gone. If we had lived closer I'm sure we would have spent more time together, but sadly he was best part of 200 miles from us. The same applies to my lovely daughter Sadie who lives miles away in Dorset, so we see each other as often as we can in between trying to make a living and seeing all the family and the grandchildren.

Live the day my friends, live the day.

Love to you all.

Gordon

GORDON
Site Admin

Re: JAMES HERBERT RIP.

Postby GORDON » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:32 am

I feel deeply honoured that my Tweet of yesterday about dear Jim was in the tributes to the great man in today's Telegraph.

I still can't believe he's gone as it was only a few weeks ago that I spoke with him to say that we would be attending his 70th birthday party.

I managed to do a bit of practising in spite of the sadness.

Music can heal the pain at times.

Be Well all my friends.

G.

Hobo

Postby Hobo » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:54 pm

I recently attended the funeral of a very dear friend Gordon, just days before his 46th birthday. Coincidentally, we first met in person, a couple of hours prior to attending one of your gigs. He was a very keen and accomplished guitarist and was a great admirer of yours.
Difficult and emotional times. Let's hope for happier days ahead.
All the best,
Mick

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:31 pm

Hobo wrote:I recently attended the funeral of a very dear friend Gordon, just days before his 46th birthday. Coincidentally, we first met in person, a couple of hours prior to attending one of your gigs. He was a very keen and accomplished guitarist and was a great admirer of yours.
Difficult and emotional times. Let's hope for happier days ahead.
All the best,
Mick

So sad to hear of your loss my friend.

Yes, we look for happier times ahead.

Warmest of Regards.

Gordon

Return to “General Chat”