Pinchinthorpe, near Guisborough, Cleveland

Posts on this board should be directly about Gordon's concerts. Comments, reviews or questions relating to Gordon's concerts are welcome here.

Moderator: GORDON

Jeff Robinson

Pinchinthorpe, near Guisborough, Cleveland

Postby Jeff Robinson » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:17 pm

Just a quick note to convey my thanks for a splendid evening with Gordon on March 29th. To witness a master musician in full flight is an awesome thing (I do not use words such as awesome lightly). On top of that, the man's a warm and unassuming human being and he's got more hair than me! It was an honour and a privilege for myself and my friend Steve to do the sound for the occasion. Not that we needed to do very much other then set up and tear down and plug Gordon's rig into the desk ;)

Not surprisingly, the gig attracted many of our local musicians, all of whom were suitably gobsmacked at Gordon's technique and musicianship. Dodo's Dream, closing the first set, was a stand-out moment for me. Layering precise overdubs on the loopstation, part after part, live in front of an audience was enthralling. I couldn't do that, even on a piece I can play, in a studio, never mind do it on the fly.

Thanks also to Rosie Potter, who organised the gig. Rosie is the lady who received the incognito visit to her shop in Saltburn some months ago which Gordon mentioned on this site. We're all looking forward to Gordon's next visit to the North East when he plays the CIU Club in Saltburn on June 21st.

PS ... the CIU club does have a proper stage!

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:12 am

Hi Jeff.

Many thanks sir.It was indeed an interesting night and Rosie should get full marks for promoting these two dates. I'm really looking forward to the June gig and seeing you all again. I shall probably bring my PA for that one as it's a slightly smaller venue with a stage!

Thanks again for that glowing report, it has made my week sir.

My Best to you and Steve also.

Be Well.

G.

Jeff Robinson

Postby Jeff Robinson » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:15 pm

Hi Gordon ... the CIU Club is where the PA (which belongs to Rosie) is normally stored between gigs. If you're happy to use the same rig again, it'll save you some gear humping. The venue is not much smaller than the Pinchinthorpe marquee though, a bit narrower but about the same length. It's a T-shaped room, with a bar and standing area and some tables on the top of the T, the stage is at the bottom, with the audience seated in rows all the way up to the crosspiece of the T. Licensed capacity is about 150 or so, I believe.

A picture from Rosie's MySpace page:
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=100574397&albumID=2505765&imageID=37942653

Looking up the room:
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=430824117&albumID=1153046&imageID=12010078

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:53 pm

Worry not Jeff I shall use mine if that's OK sir. Would appreciate a lift in with the gear though... :D

Best of Regards.

G.

Jeff Robinson

Postby Jeff Robinson » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:26 pm

We'll be happy to do all the humping etc. You just take it easy in a managerial capacity!

Return to “Gordon's Concerts”