gordons doubleneck

This is the place to post items relating to Gordon and his music in a general sense, such as his influences, how he composes, which pieces you enjoy most and why etc.

Moderator: GORDON

dave

gordons doubleneck

Postby dave » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:38 pm

Hello could someone tell me what is the fantastic double neck guitar gordon use s . 8)

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:16 pm

It was made in about 1968,by the legendary guitar maker John Bailey for guitarist Ralph Denyer, who at the time was in a band called Blond on Blond. I bought it from Ralph in about 1975, for I think about £250.I FOOLISHLY SOLD IT IN THE EARLY 80'Ss... :( But then bought it back in the early 90's.

It is indeed a stunning looking thing, and you can hear what it sounds like on my Guitar Maestros DVD on the track Sallies Song, it does appear on my Huntingdon Hall DVD, but for me the first DVD mentioned shows it off in the best light. Unfortunately it is in desperate need of some TLC, both necks are now wharped and it needs major surgery. I shall get Roger Williams to sort it some time. This guitar made it's first recorded appearance on a GG album in 1976 on the Visionary album.

Best Regards.

G.

Return to “Gordon's Music”