Armstrong Hall, Thornbury

Posts on this board should be directly about Gordon's concerts. Comments, reviews or questions relating to Gordon's concerts are welcome here.

Moderator: GORDON

Bob Wilson

Armstrong Hall, Thornbury

Postby Bob Wilson » Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:42 pm

Hi Gordon
Good to see you and Hilary again at Thornbury. A lovely evening to celebrate the life of a lovely person. I hope a good amount was raised for Anna's children and CLIC Sargeant. Your long friendship with Dave and Valerie has surely helped them and I'm sure that Steve and the children will have only positive memories of the evening. Your concert was stunning with several very moving pieces. Notably 'Here Comes the Sun' and 'Kaz'. Of course, 'Dodo's Dream' was its usual hit with everyone and I think all the children now want a baby guitar :) and all the guitarists want a loop station. I loved 'Splinter', I had not heard it before so I imagine its new. Jane and I hope to get to your Andover concert, so hopefully we will hear it again then.

:roll: How about your website having the tunings and capo positions you use for your best known tunes. That way some of us may be able to work out some of what you play, (maybe!!!). I'm trying to work out 'Dodo's Dream' at the moment and I'm going to modify my old cheap spanish guitar with a screw on the tenth and octave strings for 'Appalachian Dreaming'. I think 'Dodo's Dream' is normal tuning but I haven't got a clue for 'Appalachian Dreaming'. I've managed to buy a copy of 'A Special Collection' so I have those tabs and Total Giltrap. The new Troubadour tab book is next on the list along with Double Vision. I notice in 'A Special Collection' that the tuning for 'A Christmas Carol' is DBDGBD instead of DADGAD so this will be wrong on your site.
Be well both of you
Best wishes
Bob & Jane

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:58 pm

Hi Bob.

THANKYOU SO much for that heartfelt posting my friend.

Yep, tunnings and copo positions are a great idea, and knowing our Sue she will be on the case as we speak bless her.Yes the DADGAD tunning for Carol has been a thorn in my side ever since the book was printed, but at least YOU know what it's meant to be ..grin.. :D

There are plans afoot to reproduce the material in that book at some point, so any errors will be eradicated I hope.

Be Well Both.

Gordon.

Bob Wilson

re: tuning and capo positions

Postby Bob Wilson » Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:31 pm

Hi Gordon
Glad you like the tuning idea. Hopefully it will also stop the students at the college asking me to work out what you use in certain tunes :D (No pressure Sue :lol: )
You did'nt say at the concert, but is 'Splinter' a new tune?
See you soon
Best wishes
Bob

Sue
Site Admin

Postby Sue » Mon May 14, 2007 4:29 pm

Your wish is my command !!

A new Tunings page added on the News Section ( Tips and Tabs sub listing)

http://www.giltrap.co.uk/index.php?page ... s_and_Tabs

Thanks for sending me most of the info Bob :D

Sue

Return to “Gordon's Concerts”