CLIFFORD T WARD.

This is the place to discuss music-related topics by "other artists". No Gordon Giltrap connections needed. Who have you seen? Who do you like? Who should we know about?

Moderator: GORDON

Roger

Re: CLIFFORD T WARD.

Postby Roger » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:14 pm

Kevin,

I still have some vinyl, including some of Gordon's LPs. Don't really play it now, but I still have an old Amstrad turntable that I must get working one day :D

If you're at a loose end one Sunday can I suggest that that you listen to my mates Geoff Peters and Gary Burnett on Express FM. They do the 8-10 Sunday evening slot and play a lot of vinyl, including requests.

As Express FM is Portsmouth based station you would have to listen on-line - http://www.expressfm.com, the click on ListenLive.

All the best,

Roger

kevin

Postby kevin » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:23 pm

Hi Roger
Thaks I will certainly check out the radio show. Maybe I am not the dinosaur I thought I might be.
My kids were suitably unimpressed when they came home and saw the old music centre I had dug out.
Will keep an eye open for some of Gordons LPs on vinyl, if nothing else some charity shop may benefit, at worse this could be just a nostalgic phase I am going through.
Best wishes
Kevin

piotrwargan

Postby piotrwargan » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:00 am

kevin wrote:Any one else on here still play or collect vinyl?

Hi Kevin,
Yes, there is a Piotr who collects vinyl (currently trying to get all 3 great GG classics) and who is looking for a new turntable :-) to play them. Sadly, my JVC with a tangential arm (bought in mid-1980s) refused to collaborate after too many years of resting ;-)

Cheers,
Piotr

kevin

Postby kevin » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:28 pm

Oops seem to be getting off the Clifford T Ward thread!
but thanks Piotr I am feeling better about getting back into vinyl now I know there are others.
Best wishes
Kevin

Russ Gannicott

Postby Russ Gannicott » Sat May 12, 2012 12:15 am

Ash is currently aiming for his A levels with his ultimate aim being an English degree, He has cited CTW on a number of ocassions as an influence in contempory English poetry and 'Home thoughts' as a seminal piece which inspired many young musicians and poets of the seventies and eighties to explore the works of Browning, Wordsworth etc. In many ways I would consider CTW to be the lyrical counterbalance to Gordons instramentalism. If the two of them had ever collaborated we would have had the perfect illustration of the pastoral english ideal.

kevin

Postby kevin » Sat May 12, 2012 8:45 pm

Thats a good point Russ and so true. An interesting subject for A levels Ash deserves to do well just for originality!

AndrewD

Postby AndrewD » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:43 pm

kevin wrote:Any one else on here still play or collect vinyl?

I have reassembled my old hi-fi separates, including a Sansui turntable, after some 8 years in the loft. The belt was well past its best before date as is dated from the early 90s. I found a new belt for it on eBay, some 2" shorter than the one that kept falling off the underside of the platter. I haven't played any of my old collection yet (some King Crimson and various others) but am looking forward to giving it a turn. As for getting more vinyl, well should the opportunity present itself...

Return to “More Music”