Jeff Healey

This is the place to discuss music-related topics by "other artists". No Gordon Giltrap connections needed. Who have you seen? Who do you like? Who should we know about?

Moderator: GORDON

Russ Gannicott

Jeff Healey

Postby Russ Gannicott » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:20 am

A little late I know, but I have only just heard about the sad and untimely death of blues/jazz guitar legend Jeff Healey. Born in Canada, Jeff Healley lost his sight to cancer wwhen he was one year old, but picked up the guitar at the age of three and developed his technique of playing it flat across his knees. My own interest was in his hard biting blues rock for which he became famous, but in later years his emphasis shifted towards jazz and acoustic playing in which he also excelled. Jeff died last Sunday after a lifelong battle against cancer - he was only forty-one.
He has his first blues/rock album for eight years coming out next month and I will be at the front of the queue to buy it.
Jeff Healey, a great guitarist who will be sadly missed.

Bob Wilson

Postby Bob Wilson » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:55 am

It never ceases to amaze me how music seems to overcome ALL barriers. Jeff Healey was an incredible guitarist with a passion for blues and rock that was obvious to any listener.
His talent and style must serve as an inspiration to all guitarists.
He is a great loss to music and will be sadly missed.
RIP Jeff.

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:57 pm

WHAT A DESPERATELY SAD LOSS, I DIDN'T KNOW.

RIP BROTHER.

G.

Return to “More Music”