David Gilmour in Wroclaw, Poland

This is the place to discuss music-related topics by "other artists". No Gordon Giltrap connections needed. Who have you seen? Who do you like? Who should we know about?

Moderator: GORDON

piotrwargan

David Gilmour in Wroclaw, Poland

Postby piotrwargan » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:26 am

Amazing open air gig (25 June) in the very centre of our town! Gilmour in top form and his solo songs and Pink Floyd classics sounded just perfect (even around the square where the stage was placed).

Roger

Re: David Gilmour in Wroclaw, Poland

Postby Roger » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:13 pm

Hi Piotr!

Sounds great :D

Was Phil Manzanera (Roxy Music) part of the Gilmour band?

Best to you both,

Roger

piotrwargan

Postby piotrwargan » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:10 am

Hi Roger,

Being among those unlucky ones who did not manage to buy tickets and who stood around the fence, I did not catch all of the musicians names at the end, but according to the information on the web, Phil Manzanera is not participating in this leg of the tour. Anyway, the impression is unforgettable and my town new open air gig venue passed the test excellently: it is a big square between the new philharmonic hall and the historic opera house and the Museum of Theatre (to be opened this autumn) which has in its collection Gordon Giltrap "Visionary" album (as it was a musical background to one of the prominent theatrical plays of the Henryk Tomaszewski Mime Theatre, i.e."King Artur's Knights")!

On Gilmour's Facebook site there is a short film (with his commentary) from the preparations to the Wroclaw gig and many photos:

https://www.facebook.com/davidgilmour

All the best to you and Em,

Piotr

Tom McCauley

Postby Tom McCauley » Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:51 pm

Hi Piotr!

I was playing a Pink Floyd track a few months ago.... Another Brick In The Wall Part 2... which I believe he was involved with!

Tom
Tom McCauley

Return to “More Music”